Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Happened!

Yes Inspector arrived today!!!! Think of us please..................................she is staying all day tomorrow and guess what we have the photographer in! she wants to inspect our under threes too......................any tips advice????, plus she thought of coming on Friday as we are having our Harvest teddy bears picnic, so she thought she could feedback after watching that.......feeling a bit wobbly especially as the staff had a night out together (courtesy of the parents) last night. Will be in touch.....

Good luck you-I bet you will be great. As Susan said at least it will all be over and done with soon-wish ours would turn up!

Enjoy your harvest picnic.

Linda

Don't panic. :) Just be yourself and think clearly. If you are asked a question give yourself time to respond and don't be afraid to ask them to explain what they mean if you are not sure.

That'll teach you to have a night out! :o

No doubt you can have another night out on Friday, courtesy of a successful Ofsted Inspection.

Don't forget to tell the Inspector that she will need to bring her Teddy Bear on Friday too. :D

Advice for 3 year olds, they love teddy bears, so must be having lots of fun. :D

Peggy

She may not ask to see things but assume you will tell her your good bits, be positive and show you are good at what you do.

remember to show her everything you feel she should see and that will show how good you are, photgraph albums are a good one as are any parents letters or comments you may have, tell her all you feel she needs to know about things you do but she may not see, or set one up at short notice ( we did an improptu music and movement session which went down well) We have an accreditation so sent her home with the folder overnight to look at as well as out annual update one, she commented that she was able to se we reflected well and were implementing what was there.

Ours also asked had I seen the consultaion document and what did I feel about it, good and bad points...thanks to the forum I was well up to date but this could have just been because of the time she came and she had just had her training and info day on the document, so was fresh in her mind.

Enjoy your day with the childrn have some fun with them and show her how good you are

Inge

All the very best of luck from me too! Once she sees that you had a night out courtesy of the parents, then she'll see what a good Partnership with parents you have and she'll love it!

Good luck Hen lady, :D whatever the outcome you know you are great and you don't need an inspector to tell you that, sending you the very best wishes, be yourself and just think this time next week it will all be a distant memory!!! :D

Thanks everyone for your support - am busy trying to think is there anything I've forgotton.

Tomorrow is an unusual day for us and we have explained this to the Inspector, but we didn't get any feel for what she thought? - the committee have booked the photographer (trying a new one doing 'natural play poses', so she is not familiar with our setting or children) also the shared premises of the church are holding a lunch club for the over 60's which will impact on the use of the kitchen facilities, plus one of our mums has baked 50+ teddy biscuits for the children to decorate and has sent a message that they will be arriving tomoorow, ready for icing - a bit tricky with the kitchen out of bounds.........plus a message from one our staff'members NVQ assessor - coming in for assessment on staff interaction with child with special needs, plus only the third session for our newly appopinted 1:1 worker.

Inge - we gave her files of 'evidence of activities etc' supported with photos of all our activities done just before summer- (of course most of those children have moved on to school) but the response was something along the lines of - have you not got any up to date photos of the children who are here today? We have, but am busy putting them all onto disc for our AGM next week! Have spent the evening so far completing the disc so hopefully she can have a 'slide show' tomorrow. We fortunately had everything to hand paperwork-wise including policies, fire drill, accident records etc. and gave them to her to browse through, however we received quite a 'chilled' response saying she would ask for what she wanted to see.

She has told us that tomorrow she will be going through the 'leadership and management' plus how we 'measure' where our children are at. She has taken our planning files home to read tonight . . . getting a bit worried now . . .

I feel completely drained - have had to answer so many questions today......felt as if I was being put under the spotlight in the mastermind chair. Inspector coming again tomorrow . . .how long do these inspections usually last?

just the 2 days, then feedback is usually on the 2nd day. Have a fun teddy Bears picnic, I know that is easy for me to say but you have certainly done your best and that is enough.

Peggy

Did they not tell you when feedback would be?

Arrived on Wed am, stayed for full session (am), continued today - am and pm, arranged for feedback after the picnic tomorrow, but still coming for all of the session. The weekend sounds lovely but a long way off at the moment . . .

Thinking of you - if they're 'child-orientated', then they'll love the teddy bears' picnic!

Try and get a good night's sleep - 1 day till Saturday!! x

hi can you tell me what they are hot on at mo?as we are due on tues!!!thanks in advance

I wish I could!!!!! Haven't picked up anything special - seem to be 'hot' on everything. In particular lots of questions - much more than any of our previous inspections. Everybody seems to have been questioned or approached (including our external NVQ assessor)

All done and dusted!

After quite a stressful few days with absolutely no clues as to how we are doing, and what seemed like hundreds of questions which we couldn't guage any level of response as to whether the answer was the 'right' one - the feedback time was arranged for after our teddy bears picnic (which incidently she didn't attend, but went off into her car I think?) -

outcome for Care - Outstanding!!!!!!!

outcome for Education - Outstanding!!!!!!!

will be in touch after having a bit of chill out time this weekend . .

Thanks everyone for all your support