Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Spending Elc

skippy

HI I know this topic has been discussed and after reading the past posts I discovered that you can buy bee bots with the ELc, can you tell me the supplier please. Also whilst i am posting can anyone tell me roughly how much interactive white boards are and where we can purchase them please Thanks.

Hi we got ours from TTS- They are about £40 each but we got the set of 6 about£150 I think.

This should be the link to the websitehere :) - I think they accept e-learning credits but I am not 100% sure :o

Bought mine from TTs with e-learning credits! Am after the covers, maps (although we do make our own), maze and all the little garages etc now. Just have to persuade the ICT co-ordinator.

Liz x

Hi,

I had a phone call from a company called Pink Cow. They send you games to trial for a mnth and if you don't want them, send them back. They provide pre paid envelopes, so u just have to post. If you want them, u can use yr ELCs.

I will be honest, not to sure how Elcs work. We get the cash put in our bank account.

We then only have to provide proof that we have spent the money on games, when cdw comes in for annual standards and funding checks.

Net x

• 2 weeks later...

In terms of IWBs we were badly advised and bought 'clevertouch' boards, only to find that many recent IWB resources are for Promethean or Smartboards, so we are going to phase in replacements

PS have you seen the new floor robots that look like cars? They do look like they are more advanced but really appealing!

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

You might like to look at Promethean Planet which has a whole load of resources, and if you don't have Promethean you can download a viewer and that will give you a limited functionality, but full access to the flipcharts there.... you will need to register to download, but its free!

www.prometheanplanet.com/uk You might enjoy the story about the reception class I visited ... its in digital chalkface....

I have been looking at using some of our ELC's and cant find anywhere that accepts them for anything other than Software and they clearly state that they are only for use with software, not hardware. Are Bee Bots not classed as hardware?

We have one Bee bot coming from Tescos Vouchers for Schools and would like to purchase another one, ideally using ELC's, but as I say I have looked on various websites including TTS and they say software only.

Help!!!!

Hi Sharon

No they are not classed as hardware as you can buy them from Pink Cow, website here, and it has the Curriculum online logo on the page, so you must be able to buy them with your credits.

Linda

Thank you, I am awaiting a response to an email sent to Pinkcow.

I have already had a confirmation email from TTS that Bee Bots are not compatible with ELC's :o

So I would be very appreciative of anyone who can confirm that they have bought them using ELC's

Edited by Guest

Not bought one but have always found Pink cow very good and helpful. Hopefully you will recieve a reply quickly, but they did email us not long ago to say we could use ELcs for this, Also use them for DVDs and some planning packs which contain DVDs from them by Early Vision

Inge

Ok, I have now had 2 emails from Pink Cow which appear to give different information.

Make your own mind up:

EMAIL NUMBER 1:

Dear Sharon

Further from your email dated 9th November 2006. I can confirm that unfortunatley Bee-Bots are not elc's eligable, however if you order this with software we can then call it a bundle, which can then be classed as elc eligable as the goverment has agreed a 80- 20% split ie. 80% software 20% hardware.

Alternativley you can lodge elcs with with us and we send you an invoce for a pick n mix bundle for the amount you want invoiced for. you can then order your bee bots with the lodged elc's.

With regards to both of these options you will need to be a member of our select service, which is a completley free service we provide for schools if you look on our website you will find more information, alternativley you can call me to discuss further.

Claire Smith

EMAIL NUMBER 2

Dear Sharon

Thank you for your enquiry.

It is possible to use your E-Learning Credits for the Bee Bots and the items that work with the Bee Bots.

Will you please let me know the name of Nursery/School you work at and whether you are a Pink Cow Select member.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Julie Ross

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)