Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Inspections

Hi

I just wondered how long it is between ofsted inspections. We had our last one in feb 04, we are still waiting, i'm sure they must be due. Since last inspection we have had a change of manager a yr and a half ago plus we had 3 actions plans on last inspection, i took over just after their last inspection, so i'm hoping i have addressed all the issues but i just wondered How long have others gone between inspections.

Hi

I just wondered how long it is between ofsted inspections. We had our last one in feb 04, we are still waiting, i'm sure they must be due. Since last inspection we have had a change of manager a yr and a half ago plus we had 3 actions plans on last inspection, i took over just after their last inspection, so i'm hoping i have addressed all the issues but i just wondered How long have others gone between inspections.

We had our last inspection in January2006 but the previous inspection was October 1999 ............. over 6 years :D

I was going to ask the same question as simcity. I own a Pre-school and was inspected in 2000 then first day back in September 2004. The report said next inspection due in 3-4 years, which would mean about Sept 2007/8. I was wondering if any Pre-schools have had 3 or 4 year intervals.

Sue J

When the new no notice inspections came into force, everyone went 'in the hat' so to speak, so you could be inspected at anytime whether you got a 3-4 or 1-2! A couple of groups in our area were inspected 2004 (given 3-4) and had their inspections last year!!!!

It doesn't matter what you had they could arrive at anyone's door anytime!

we had one May 04 (one of 2 that year as they messed up a combined inspection and gave us 2!! with 3-4 years outcome for education but at that time standards were every 2 years) We had one in July this year 2 weeks before end of term, as said once no notice inspections started all were in the same hat, but once you have had one then we were told 3-4 years, unless there is a complaint, large change of staff / manager etc, during the inspection she did comment that we were overdue as it was over 2 years since our inspection on standards.

Inge

Edited by Inge

you just cannot tell when they will turn up can you???? :o

No you can't, and they pick the best times like when the manager is on holiday LOL, or you ahve just moved staff around!, it all adds to the fun , hee hee

Dawn

Well done, you must feel so relieved that it's all over for you - You did so well and deserve a pat on the back. I read your posts before the inspection and really felt for you (and everyone else who is expecting one!), I am just so grateful that I don't have to worry now......................although I get het up thinking of you lot and what you go through!!

Congratulations again!!