Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Chat Room

hi all

the chat room was great tonight...

sorry for all that missed it..

steve - there should be a regular time for all to join in if available...

it really would be fun if more joined in (although it was fun of course with the 5 of usl) :D:D:D

Yes right on hali, hope you enjoyed the Chinese.

I said Id try to pop back later on so if anyone did miss and want to chat about a lot of nothing, you havent misseed it altogether. And yes, some set times would be a good idea. :D

Hi Chris -

Well we set this time up a couple of days in advance after Mundia pointed out it was the first anniversary of the Foundation Stage Forum yesterday.

Usually it's a bit hit or miss. But Hali and a couple of others are pestering me to set up regular times. I'm happy to recommend certain times but they have to co-incide with when people want to do it. We did have Monday evenings set aside, from about 8pm for a while - don't know if people still think that's a good time?

What would be good is if people volunteered to be logged in regularly at certain times of the week for, say, an hour at a time. Then if others join them, no-one will be the first there (what happens at the moment is that several people in an evening login, find no-one else there, and logout a couple of minutes later. So the chances of anyone being there at exactly the same time are remote).

What do others think? If anyone wants to volunteer for the Monday slot between 8pm and 9pm, or if we take it in turns, then we'll see how it goes. Once you're logged in, all you have to do is click the 'dock' button which makes the window a decent size, minimize it, open up a new browser window, and then you can get on with other things. If you've got speakers, the system will warn you when someone else has logged in.

Does any of that make sense? :o

Chris, sorry we missed you, although Steve was in a very silly mood...... :o

Monday evening is a bad one for me usually, although I could be avilable now and then, but I am happy to be there on a wednesday evening for an hour, starting once school goes back as Im off to the Lakes tomorrow.

Ill try it for a few weeks at about 8ish and see how much I end up talking to myself.

Steve, once we have a few people who can set aside some times, can we make a diary for everyone to see so that we all know when to expect soemone to be there?

Steve, I think regular slots are a good idea - its worth a try. I am ok with mondays. :o Chris

Others-- stop picking on Steve (where would we be wothout him)

hi all

I am pretty flexible usually free ona tue/thur afternoon or any evening although thursday would be ideal as hubby at college that night so wont be hogging the computer - but basically flexible!! :D

Whoops just found this post after I posted on the samething xD So is Monday evening 8 ish going to be the main time?I think im usually on earlier or later but im not sure as i dont keep a track of when Im on-usually when I can prise my daughter to get off :o

OK chaps, how about this?

Susan and Chris, if you don't mind being logged into the chatroom between roughly 8pm and 9pm on Mondays.

Mundia, if you could take Wednesday between 8pm and 9pm?

Hali, perhaps you could do the same time on Thursday?

If anyone else would like to take a slot on Tuesday, that would be good.

I'll try to pop in during all of those sessions, although probably not for all of it, as the children tend to need some settling down at this time!

I'll put a post in the news forum so it'll appear on the front page.

Obviously if there is a lot of chatter going on you shouldn't feel you have to stay logged in. It's just really so that when others log in they don't see an empty chatroom and log out again. :)

Hello to all chatroom people!!!!Still looking at a grey screen-maybe it has something against Spanish computers :o Will try again but Ive never been able to get this to work-apart from right at the begining????

Have Fun :D

Hi Johnboy -

Have you changed your pc since you used to be able to get in?

And what OS are you using? (IE, Netscape etc)

And what version?

I've had one other person complain about not being able to get in with a grey screen, but like to hear if others have had the problem. If you could give me the above information when you let me know that would be good!

Sorry Johnboy! :o

Thank you.......

......for looking at chat room organisation.

Iwill use it (at some of those nice civilised times - I am here late tonight because my children are away).

I look forward to it.

Diane

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just stumbled on this looking around, do you mean the forum when you mean the chat room or is their another instant type chat room. Does it involve just the more senior members or can anyone join in? :)

Hi (again :D ) Jay -

The chatroom is a live thing a bit more like, for example, MSN Messenger. It's available to all members: click the Live Chat link at the top right hand side of the screen.

However, it's not been widely used, and as lots of people who do log in and find no-one there have asked us to do something about it, we've tried to make sure over the last two weeks that one of a number of moderators and experienced members are there Monday to Thursday between 9pm and 10pm.

This has produced only mixed results - occasionally a few people find it at the same time, but mostly I still see in the logs that an average of half a dozen people a day pop in for 30 seconds, then log out again when they find no-one else there - sometimes missing each other by only a few seconds! :)

Guest cat33

Sorry, our half term was different to yours so am only just reading this. I will be in the chat room this Monday.

Sorry. :o

Chris

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)