Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted

Hi,

Have been Ofsteded, got a good overall. I got a good for reception. At last I can sleep. Haven't slept for Six days. They didn't even look at my paperwork. Made a point of telling them the targets I had set them.

Flowerxxxxxxxxx

Well done Flower!

It worries me that there is still inconsistency in inspections. Providers, espoecially in daycare argue that the paperwork is too much but feel reluctant to 'let go' as Ofsted will need evidence.

I don't what the answer is - if they say they won't look at paperwork, it won't get done and poorer settings will lose even more of their direction, whereas higher quality settings would probably (possibly?) flourish. An interesting topic...

So pleased for you flower. It's horrible when it's happening but such a lovely feeling when it's all over. Very jealous of you been through 2 Ofsteds, waiting for the next, any time now! Have a fantastic weekend. :o

Liz x

:D Pleased you did well. I have Ofsted on Wednesday and Thusday. My children are still settling in and our main focus is routines and Jolly Phonics. Any ideas of activities with the WOW factor. ?

Guest tinkerbell

Well done Flower.I hope you are having a lovely weekend.

Rosed, it is very early in the term for you,Could you have somethings in a bag that the children have to pull out and give the initial letter?or a story sack, my friend is being 'done' on Monday she teaches r/yr1/yr2 and she is doing Handas surprise, Big book and story sack.

Good luck

Tinkerbellx

Thanks for that idea...I have a phonic sack so I could do that. I was thinking about going out with the children and letting them take photographs of things starting with the first six sounds and making our own book..In am just a bit worried that might be a bit ambitious... :o

Well done Flower.I hope you are having a lovely weekend.

Rosed, it is very early in the term for you,Could you have somethings in a bag that the children have to pull out and give the initial letter?or a story sack, my friend is being 'done' on Monday she teaches r/yr1/yr2 and she is doing Handas surprise, Big book and story sack.

Good luck

Tinkerbellx

Sparklebox have some nice resources for Handras Surprise if shes interested

Guest tinkerbell

Thanks Marion

I like Sparklebox resources too,however i did Handa's Surprise last Autumn and made all my own animal and fruit cards,also did a smartboard match the fruit to the animal so I think she will be ok.Although is anyone in Ofsted mode???? At least she will be getting it over with early in the new school year.We had Osted 3 weeks before we broke up and had been waiting all year!

Tinkerbellx

Hi Rosed,

I did Goldilocks n 3 Bears, story on smartboard, for child initiated and adult led I did acting story in role-play area. Story telling on a felt board with puppets, dressing a bear on smartboard. Ofsted inspector loved that. Making porridge for the bears in outdoor provision, finding 3 bears in water, listening to story of 3 bears, making a house in construction, making 3 bears in olaydough. Use your teaching assistant well by including her in activities e.g. she was observing as well as retelling story with children and basically always praising children which I'm sure you do all the time.

Thanks Flower that sounds great...I only have a classroom assistant for the first hour of the day which is a pain....it means we all go outside or we all stay indoors which is not ideal I know...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)