Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cutting Down Paperwork

Our head is concerned that we are all doing too much paper work and wants to cut it down. I am all for this however i am woryyin gwe are going to far the other way. For our medium term plans he wants us to simply put the general theme of the session i.e PSE - friendship or Creative - model making. I am worried that this is far too broad. Their are no objectives involved here i am not sure what Ofsted would think.

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated - am i relying too much on detail on planning or do you think what he suggests is too basic?

Right ... i am going to look at this as a positive step forward then and wean myself off of the old type of medium term planning! Here goes....

I dumped the medium term plans when I saw there wasnt an example in the folder. I used a weekly plan that was more workable to us in a church hall because I could put what equipment we were to get out, all the details for a focused activity were on an activity plan. :)

we keep a very brief medium plan writen in a simple format which doubles up as information given to parents as to what is ahppening this half term. We have to give info to parents and so we took this approach last year in order to write less! Go with it and enjoy that extra time you have doing something more worthwhile.

Think I will say goodbye to the medium term plan as well then, no-one ever looks at it, the long term is our source of information ..thanks everyone one less thing to do. :D

I got fed up last year with doing great, long medium term plans and then duplicating the information in my short-term plans or not having time to fit in the reams of stuff I'd planned . Now I just do an overview of the term and roughly what I will be doing each week. We were Ofsted-ed in the summer term and the inspectors asked to see my plans. They were fine with them. This is the plan that the Ofsted inspectors saw: medium_term_plan.doc

Edited by Guest

Thanks kermit! It's basically a transport topic but my school has devised a new creative curriculum and part of this approach is to give our themes more creative titles.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)