Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I'm Engaged!

Just wanted to share my fantastic news:

After 11 years together, my other half and I are finally officially engaged! There was no great surprise involved; as tends to be the case with our relationship, we just sorted of drifted in to it: started looking at rings, decided what we liked and had one commissioned. We collected it on Sunday morning, before visiting both sets of parents over Sunday and yesterday to announce it. Both parties are suitably pleased.

I have been looking like a grinning idiot since the phone call on Thursday to say it was ready, and can't stop looking at my beautiful ring!

Congratulations from me, too !! - OOOH, it's brilliant, Nich's wedding's arrived and there's another one on the horizon!!! :D It's like having an enormous family!!

Congrats to Carol's daughter and boyfriend, too - Big Hat time, now Carol :o

Congratulations chocilate Girl, I remember well the 'pleased as punch smiling face syndrome' from when I got engaged :D

Hope it's not another 11 years until the big day????? :oxD:(:(

Although if it is I reckon I'll still be logged on to the forum to offer my congratulations then.

Peggy

Thanks everyone!! :)

No date as yet, but we're aiming for summer hols next time round - think it'll be a Friday as Saturdays next summer will probably already be booked up. Anyway, I believe Friday is the new Saturday (?!)

Aaaah congratulations Chocolate Girl to you and your fiance!!! I've been trying to wear my other half down for the last 4 years, but seeing as it's taken you both a little while, there is hope for me yet!! :o

Congratulation Chocolate Girl. Enjoy all the planning for the big day!

I am marrying for the second time, at the ripe old age of 50, in 2 weeks time, and just starting to get the jitters!! But looking forward to this Sunday when my daughter has arranged a 'hen day' for me - very exciting!

SueF

Congratulation Chocolate Girl. Enjoy all the planning for the big day!

I am marrying for the second time, at the ripe old age of 50, in 2 weeks time, and just starting to get the jitters!! But looking forward to this Sunday when my daughter has arranged a 'hen day' for me - very exciting!

SueF

Congratulations Sue. :D:D

I waited until I was 40 yrs to marry the first time round :o ( no-one would ask me xD too independent :( )

Peggy