Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

National Averages

Hi

I am busy comparing our FSP data to National Averages for our SEF.

As a brand new school we have no previous years results to compare with, I have been unable to find any LEA data - anywhere!!

Where can I find an overview of the 2004-2005 Natioanl Data??

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Ruby

• 3 weeks later...

your LA will have a research and statistics team or something similarly named - they should be able to help. (ours are brilliant) They should be able to give you data the LA/national for the 3 reported years since the intro so try them, their phone number will be in the LA directory I expect. In fact they may already do this, ours send all the analysed data back to us in September so I would also check out the protocols that currently exist for the LA to report back to schools. You may be worrying unnecessarily

Cx :)

Hi

I don't think we get this sent to us. I think we have to do this ourselves. So could any opne please explain how i should set this out.

I looked at the link for averages -national summary (did Marion post this). Should i adapt this and add coloums in for county and schools for each coloumn- all pupils, boys, girls.

Or am i off track.

:oxD

Hi Blossom , somwhere in the darkest depths of my computer I have the LEA comparisons for the 2005 data but I cant reacll where I downloaded it from. I think the link above (LGM?) is just the national aaverages although check to make sure Im not mistaken. If I can locate it and its Ok for me to add it I will.

But a lot depends on what you want analysis you want. We find that we need to compare to similar schools as they do with OFSTEd and the PANDA but Im not sure this data is yet available for the FSP?

If you aer using the eprofile you can do your own comparison by gender, we also have to do ethnicity but we have to do this ourselves using our own spreadsheet. If your LA doesnt support the eprofile then you may have to do this by hand, either by making your own spreadsheet, unless anyone has one they are willing to share?

What do you use to send your data off to the lEA? Dont create extar work for yourself if you have a summary sheet of scores you can just make a direct comparison.

Hi

This is just becoming more and more confusing. My head needs me to compare our results with LEA results and with National Results. He hasn't said similiar schools and to be honest I'm not going to ask just yet!!!!

We do e-profile, and so i can have a summary of scores and can compare girls and boys etc from that. but i need to compare our results with LEA and NAtional. I found a link that i think Marion put on- a national summary- now i can work with this for us. i can work out what was the avergae the children got in each component, abd i can sort this into girls and boys.

however i can't get that result from my LEA i don't think. They give me loads of number bits that i don't understand. And they are really into theri numbers so they give me % of childrne who got a point 1,2,3,4,5,6 and i just can not get my head around it.

I can go onto EMS online and download a graph which i coudl then compare with other schools graphs but i think the graph is meaningless. it is a block graph of total scores.

I don't think i am thick (well not exceptionally), I am tired but i just can not get my head around this. I don't know what to do.

I have decided that i'm going to compare my school with national like the summary page and then i'm going to email it to my LEA and ask them where i woudl find the results to put in here, then i am putting the problem in their court aren't i??????????

Thanks for trying and for listening

Are LEA averages published any where? like the national ones are

Sadly I dont think the LEA averages are available online. The table Im thinking of, which i cant find just now, gives the percentage agregate scores for each LEA (ie teh percentages scoring 0-3; 4-7; 8-9). It is possible to caculate a rough average from this but its tricky to explain, and it wouldnt be bang on accurate.

I would go aheaed and make your comaprison for national to your school but really yor Head cant expect you to make comparisons unless they can get the data for you? I know we didnt get any LEA data sent to us last year for the FSP.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

We get copies from our LA havent received 2006 yet but this is previous years results. I have noticed from doing a search on google a number of LEAs publish their results too

School Summary - Averages

End of FSP / 2005

Averaae no. of SPs* covered

Area of Learning All pupils Boys Girls

(27) (18) (9)

Personal, Social and Emotional Development

Dispositions and Attitude 7.2 7.1 7.3

Social Development 6.4 6.0 6.8

Emotional Development 6.6 6.3 7.2

Total 20.2 18.4 21.3

Average 6.7 6.2 7.1

Communication, Language and Literacy

Language for Communication and Thinking 6.8 6.6 7.0

Linking Sounds and Letters 6.1 5.9 6.3

Reading 7.2 6.9 7.7

Writing 6.0 5.7 6.4

Total 26.2 25.1 27.4

Average 6.6 6.3 6.8

Mathematical Development

Numbers as Labels and for Counting 6.6 6.6 6.7

Calculating 6.5 6.6 6.4

Shape, Space and Measures 6.8 6.8 6.9

Total 20.0 19.9 20.0

Average 6.7 6.6 6.7

Knowledge and Understanding of the World 8.3 8.2, 8.4

Physical Development 7.0 (6.6) 7.7

Creative Development 7.1 7.1 7.3

*SP - Scale Paints

KEYPAS 17/11/2005 09:09:19 Performance Review Team

_LEA Summary - Averages

End of FSP / 2005 / durham

Average no. of SPs* covered

Area of Learning

All Pupils

(5,021) Boys

(2,522) Girls

(2,499)

Dispositions and Attitude 7.2 6.9 7.4

Social Development 6.6 6.3 6.9

Emotional Development 6.7 6.3 7.1

Total 20.5 19.5, 21.5

Average 6.8 6.5 7.2

Language for Communication and Thinking 6.5 6.1 6.9

Linking Sounds and Letters 5.7 5.2 6.1

Reading 5.8 5.4 6.1

Writing 5.5 4.9 6.0

Total 23.4 21.7 25.1

Average 5.8 5.4 6.3

Mathematical Development

Numbers as Labels and for Counting 7.1 6.9 7.3

Calculating 6.0 5.8 6.3

Shape, Space and Measures 6.8 6.6 7.1

Total 20.0 19.3 20.7

Average 6.7 6.4 6.9

Knowledge and Understanding of the World 5.9 5.8 6.1

Physical Development 6.6 6.3 6.9

Creative Development 6.3 5.9 6.7

National Summary - Averages

End of FSP / 2005

Area of Learning Average no. of SPs* covered

All pupils IBoy Girls

Dispositions and Attitude 7.5 7.2 7.6

Social Development 7.0 6.8 7.3

Emotional Development 6.9 6.7 7.3

Total 21.4 20.7 22.2

Average 7.1 6.9 7.4

Language for Communication and Thinking 7.0 6.6 7.2

Linking Sounds and Letters 6.1 5.8 6.5

Reading 6.5 6.2 6.7

Writing 6.0 5.5 6.3

Total 25.6 24.1 26.7

Average 6.4 6.0 6.7

Mathematical Development

Numbers as Labels and for Counting 7.3 7.2 7.5

Calculating 6.4 6.4 6.5

Shape, Space and Measures 7.0 6.8 7.1

Total 20.7 20.4 21.1

Average 6.9 6.8 7.0

Knowledge and Understanding of the World 6.8 6.8 6.9

Physical Development 7.3 7.1 7.6

Creative Development 6.9 6.6 7.2

*SP - Scale Points. All figures are :1:0.2 in accuracy

24/10/05 Performance Review Team

Many Thanks

I'm still going to badger my LEA into doing this for us though. It is hardly fair, especially if they make their results so hard to find.

Thank you for all your help anyway

be aware as I think has ben said elsewhere (but I'll say it again!!) that national statistics are % of children attaining in each bracket - 0-3 4-7-8-9 etc. LA stats tend to be average point scores ie add up all scores and divide by no of children. Hence comparisons are not like with like. Our LA stats team do some conversion thing and give us an approximation but it is probably HARD MATHS!!!

I still think the LA should be able to help you - they have a requirement to report back I'm sure. Will check my LA requirements doc when back in the office. (Someone remind me next week please)

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)