Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Own Health Query

I mentioned in my Ofsted post that I had been to the hospital today, thanks to all who enquired after my health.

I've started a new post so this query didn't get lost in the Ofsted post.

Basically, I went to the doctors last week ( Monday) with shall I say, continence problems. Especially when using the trampoline :(:o

Anyway, she said she would send me for a test, in the meantime do a sample.

I got the hospital appointment for today, which I thought was amazingly quick. It was for a scan.

The doctor there said yes ovaries, pelvic something or other all ok, then she said that one kidney was twice the size of the other. :wacko: . She didn't say what this could mean and that a report would go to my doctor. She then said that my doctor also wanted me booked in for another type of scan, some sort of bladder dye test. I should have the appointment soon.

Well, a bit concerned but just wondered if anyone else has any experience of the above (PM me if you don't want to discuss on here) 'incontinence' or large kidneys.

I'm always bloated by the end of the day, (flattish tummy in the mornings) but I thought that was the beer xD:(:(

Trying to be lighthearted about it all but if anyone can put my mind at rest, please feel free to do so.

Thanks.

Peggy

Cant help I'm afraid Peggy but I do have a huge stomach most evenings, I'd kind of thought beer or wheat, so i'm going to be all hypo now and look in my medical book :D:D

Hope all goes well Peggy :D

Peggy don't know if this will be any help but I suffer from a dysfunctional kidney from time to time and basically it means I have the bladder dye test sometimes to check all is ok, it sounds like a precautionary measure for you to ensure that all is ok, (I don't suffer from continence problems, but severe back pain-kidney and kidney stones) trouble is with trying to find out from other sources is that what ever is going on with you is individual to you What a lovely outlook you have, let's all hope it is nothing to worry about, although that is virtually impossible to do isn't it?

Keep us informed, lovely to share and be so open about it, inspires us all I'm sure.

Peggy don't know if this will be any help but I suffer from a dysfunctional kidney from time to time and basically it means I have the bladder dye test sometimes to check all is ok, it sounds like a precautionary measure for you to ensure that all is ok, (I don't suffer from continence problems, but severe back pain-kidney and kidney stones) trouble is with trying to find out from other sources is that what ever is going on with you is individual to you What a lovely outlook you have, let's all hope it is nothing to worry about, although that is virtually impossible to do isn't it?

Keep us informed, lovely to share and be so open about it, inspires us all I'm sure.

Thanks for all your responses. :)

ShireL,

The doctor did say something about a 'flux' :o:(xD does this mean anything to you????

I agree individual diagnosis etc, and it is because this forum is incognito, so to speak, that I feel able to be so open, so thanks to Steve and all the lovely members.

I do also try to stay positive about health, I am a great believer in mind over matter, if you think ill you will be. How many times I've feined a migraine to get off work ( in my youth, I might add) only to actually end up with one :( . So, I always try to think, nothing serious, but also like to be informed as much as possible. Also I do sometimes think that 'womans' problems are left for us to 'get on with' and that if men had ailments like we do then the medical profession would be more likely to get them sorted much quicker and finance treatment more readily. But that's yet another political issue I get on my soapbox with, so I won't bore you any more with that one :(

Thanks

Peggy

Peggy

I suffered when I was about 15/16 with kidney problems, constant infections etc, although I didn't have to have any dye treatment. I totally sympathise Peggy, kidney problems tend to hurt and although I can't be much help, I really hope you are feeling better soon!!

Peggy I can't help with advice or knowledge but I am thinking of you. I always think that once you know what the problem is you can face it and deal with the medication /treatment. Knowing you things will soon sort themselves out.

Must tell someone- yesterday my second Grandchild was born- a little girl, Rosie, two weeks late. What a joy. I will be going to help out this weekend.

Take care

Jacquiex

Totally agree with your outlook Peggy, as a five year breast cancer survivor I firmly believe in the power of positive thought, when asked for an opinion of most food suppliments/food eliminations or exercise regimes my consultants answer was always 'if you believe it will do you good, it will'. Hope your news is as positive as your attitude :)

[Must tell someone- yesterday my second Grandchild was born- a little girl, Rosie, two weeks late. What a joy. I will be going to help out this weekend.

Take care

Jacquiex]

Congratulations - I am going to become a grandmother for the first time in September and I am so excited that I almost need sedation so I know you must be estatic!

A big Hug Peggy hope things go ok. Do you drink enough water during the day. if you are like the most of us women we don't have the time, but it could be causing the kidney problems if you don't flush them out so to speak. and beer doesn't count I'm afraid :D keep smiling

congratulations Raine we must having been answering Peggy at the same time!!!

Dear Peggy,

Back on line after a long time - sorry to hear about your kidney problem - I have no idea what it might mean and knowing you with your quest for finding information you will be on the internet searching - well my advice would be to look, if you must, but don't go reading too much into all the information you find. When she said flux - is it something similar to reflux?

As for trampolines - you are definitely not alone here - hey haven't been able to use one for years and I don't think I ever will again! There is just something about the movement and trampoline that just dont seem to work well with my bladder even if it is supposedly empty!!! On a day out with my parents we all got talking about these sort of things and do you know what every single one of a group of 8 Mums all sited bladder problems. Oh the joys of being a woman!!! I also find that as I hit the menopause that everything seems to be going a bit awry as it were - sometimes it is absolutely fine and other times it is hopeless.

Keep us posted - thinking of you

Nikki

Its very true Nicola, blame the menopause for everything or is it your age!!

Got a back problem - lucky to have got to 50 without a back problem.

Dizzy - due to vertigo because of your age!

Never mind lucky its us and not our darling men.

Peggy I hope it all goes OK

I know how hard it is to wait & no matter how you say its all OK you worry dont you.

Thinking of you

Jo

Thanks for all your thoughts, hugs and good wishes.

Nichola, My husband calls my trampoline the MOST EXPENSIVE SUNBED EVER INVENTED :DxD

It is very comfy :rolleyes:

As for menopause, I've got all the symptoms, hot flushes, slight mood swings, erratic concentration, or is that just me as normal :o:( :unsure: xD:ph34r:

by doctor say's I'm too young (47) and won't even consider it as an option, mind you I am not wanting any prescriptions ( I hate taking medication, unless absolutely needed) just want to know what's what really.

I do drink lots of water (WHAT beer doesn't count -Bah humbug ;) ). although I never used to, and I always spent all day not going to the loo, far too busy playing with the children, so I think this hasn't helped.

Thanks again, I'll forget about it all soon as my memory is also fading too... :(:( :wacko:

Peggy

Sorry Peggy have no knowledge of 'flux' xD - was thinking of a witty retort using flux in a reply with a play on the words, however thought better of it - might of had to be censored!! :)

As for trampolines - five children - don't go there!! :(:o

Hi Peggy -

Don't know if this is relevant to you but it sounds as though the doctor was talking about reflux.

Your kidneys empty into your bladder by way of a tube called the Ureter. Sometimes (for a variety of reasons, the exit can be blocked - all the way down to blocking the exit from the bladder as well, but then you'd notice because you weren't doing any weeing. :)

When this happens, the fluid from your kidney (s) can't get out and pressure builds up through your ureter back into your kidney. This can cause your kidney to become enlarged. If your urethral valve (the end bit that you wee through) is blocked, both your kidneys will become enlarged - if it's blocked at your ureter or the entrance to your bladder only on one side, then only one kidney will become enlarged. It sounds like this possibility is what the doctor might have been talking about?

Reflux is the term for urine backflowing when this pressure happens.

It can be serious if it's not discovered as it can cause scarring to the kidney that is under pressure - but since yours has been discovered, I know it can be treated very successfully. My son was born with a blocked urethral valve, and at 12 years old is disgustingly healthy! :)

05625008_1.JPG

Thanks for your words of wisdom Steve,

When I saw the thumbprint I thought you had attached a picture of a 'reflux' :o

Pleasantly surprised to see the lovely picture of your son, reminds me of when my son, aged 10 yrs used to spend most of his time wittling away at sticks of wood to make bow and arrows. He didn't have a lovely tree house, but we did live in a 1st floor maisonette with a balcony looking over the school. He spent many a happy hour pretending to 'shoot' imaginary teachers. :DxD

Peggy

No problem Peggy. If you need any further info, just PM me or post! :)

It's Jamie's 12th birthday tomorrow - he got the treehouse for his birthday last year, so I thought it was good timing. He got a drumkit the previous Christmas. I'm not making a mistake like that again...

Mistake??!!

Never!

Shame on you, Steve! You won't stifle his creativity, will you ? :(:o

I know a good teacher - shame we're a long way away! :(:(

Sue xD

PS, I was beginning to wonder how you knew so much!!

Are you a drummer Sue? Jamie's actually doing very well, though I hate to do parental boasting! It's just a shame we chose to put his kit about five metres from me in my study. When school finishes my productivity takes a definite downturm!

xD

PS - Peggy, sorry to hijack your topic! :o

Oh my goodness, NO!!!!!

My son is a keen musician and will happily while away the hours with you regarding my TOTAL AND COMPLETE LACK OF MUSICAL TALENT!!!! However, I do love music!!

So, by 'magical shoulder-rubbing' I know some very lovely, gifted people..... :o

Another sorry, here, Peggy about hijacking topics - but you jam a bit don't you.....? xD

I'm sure he's doing very well, I seem to remember Helen's a 'bit' musical? ( :( ) Write yourself a note - 'remember to think about where I put things in relation to others !!!!'. Big joke, I'm the last to think about where anything goes - unless at work !! :(

Sue

No problem Peggy. If you need any further info, just PM me or post! :)

It's Jamie's 12th birthday tomorrow - he got the treehouse for his birthday last year, so I thought it was good timing. He got a drumkit the previous Christmas. I'm not making a mistake like that again...

Surely you got the tree house to put the drum kit in? :o