Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yippeeeeeeee

Feedback meeting booked for 4pm

Peggy has a hospital appointment at 2:45pm ( ultrasound so should be in and out quickly)

Inspectors arrive at setting at 3:20 pm :o

Peggy delayed at hospital until 3:50 pm, arrives at preschool at 4:10 pm

THEY STARTED WITHOUT ME :(xD

but hey, I don't care because we got a "Satisfactory" for 4 outcomes and a "Good" for Making a positive contribution. :D:D:D:D:D:D

The recommendations are very minor, ie:

Ensure parents put icepacks in the lunchboxes ( 1st day of Inspection very hot)

Maths-calculation, have more of this within our routine. ( Question from Inspector when looking at record keeping "Which children are strong in Maths Aspect 2 - calculating? staff named a few children...right lets look at their files, one didn't have this recorded) We were praised for knowing our children well, but not keeping records up to date.

Seperate bed for children to sleep in. ( we don't have an actual sleep time most children stay awake for the sessions they book, but just in case)

Administration demands not to take over the role of the staff.... this is because I keep updating formats for recording obs / planning etc...valid point, they were basically saying "have a rest"

I thought this was quite interesting as most admin changes are directives from government etc.

plus a few more minor ones, overall a very dare i say it, yes I can now that it is over, ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE. :D:D

Thank you all for all your support over the time I have been a member and especially over the last week.

Peggy

Well done to you and your staff Peggy :) So glad everything went well for you! Bubblejack .... interesting comment ....... yes I wonder where we'll all be in 3 years time ????????

Well done, Peggy (and all your staff) - as you say, all very minor points really. Have a well-earned rest and a glass of something naughty :D

Well done Peggy

But, honestly, 'ensure parents put ice packs in lunch boxes' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you meant to visit each one circa 7 am in morning just making sure???????????

or is it just me?

Just a thought Peggy I'm glad you keep changing formats for planning etc because I can't stop doing it either. I download something that looks better than mine and then expect staff to be as enthusiastic and adaptable as me. Now I will just stop it.!!!!!

Guest MaryEMac

Congrats from me too Peggy. Now you and your staff can relax and enjoy the rest of the term. Hope hospital was okay.

Best wishes Mary :D:D

Well done Peggy

But, honestly, 'ensure parents put ice packs in lunch boxes' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you meant to visit each one circa 7 am in morning just making sure???????????

or is it just me?

I did respond to this by saying that the Environmental Health Officer was happy with our 'food storage' arrangements as we recommend parents supply icepacks, but she quoted Standard 8, I couldn't quote it at the time but now I've looked it up it doesn't say anything about 7am lunchbox Inspection visits :o:( , but it does say we should be prepared for if they forget their lunch box altogether :(

Peggy

Just a thought Peggy I'm glad you keep changing formats for planning etc because I can't stop doing it either. I download something that looks better than mine and then expect staff to be as enthusiastic and adaptable as me. Now I will just stop it.!!!!!

Good self advice bubblejack,

In fact their advice to us was to go back to scratch with a blank slate, I did remind them that I had actioned exactly that in my action plan prior to their visit, for a management meeting end of July, but it will still go in the report xD

Peggy

Lucky you - all over with. Well done to you and your staff, take time out to savour the relief! Thanks for sharing their comments, something for the rest of us expecting inspections anytime to consider.

Deb

In fact their advice to us was to go back to scratch with a blank slate, I did remind them that I had actioned exactly that in my action plan prior to their visit, for a management meeting end of July, but it will still go in the report :o

Peggy

Cant help themselves can they Peggy, wont give an inch. xD Glad you found it enjoyable even so, well done everyone :D:D

What a relief Peggy - Well done from me too!

I wonder if anyone has had an inspection where they are praised for all the good they do and the inspectors can't think of anything critical to say. I am dreading our inspection when I take over as supervisor. Everytime Ofsted is mentioned on this site I feel slightly sick at the thought.

Well done Peggy - they seem to be very thorough - but hey that 7 o'clock call might be a bit of a bugg...

Anyway as I am now due one before April next year - how often does everyone update their child records - we do half termly - perhaps this isn't enough but it takes us about two hours to sort through them all - so maybe we ought to have some sort of filing system whereby they can be updated more regularly but I think every half term is enough. Comments from others would be welcome

Have that glass of wine and enjoy your freedom for the rest of the term - you can now do what you like without worrying about them turning up now.

Nikki

Well Done Peggy!

We knew that there wouldn't be any problems, you have so much sound advice to give to everyone - they should take all that into consideration too!!

Sorry I'm a bit late in sending you your well earned Congrats. but have a stressed out A level daughter, and a broody hen who won't leave the nest box - so between destressing and lifting hen - have only had little time to browse the Forum. (Broody hens are bad news especially when they are not sitting on any eggs?? - no eggs being laid either!! - must be hormonal!)

Congrats from me too!!!

I'm still praying that I will manage to leave without the dreaded visit! Counting the days - Glad it's all over for you now. Get down the pub and relax!

WELL DONE. :D

Congratulations from me, too, Peggy! Isn't it a relief when it's all finished with?!

I was very interested in their comments. You do sometimes wonder exactly what you have to do to get it completely right. I'm beginning to think they don't know themselves.

I was telling my preschool staff about the ice packs issue. Someone said that her son attends a local feeder school. He's in Reception, & they have just been asked not to put ice packs in children's lunch boxes because of the mess they make when they melt! A parent whose child starts in Septmeber confirmed this!

So presumably, as we're all inspected to the same 5 Outcomes now, they'll also be picked up on this during their next Inspection?