Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff Tabards

Just wondered if any of you wear nursery tabards when working with the children especially the babies and toddlers???

I have seen lots of plain ones that coudl have logos added. However, we are looking for some patterned ones which would visually appeal to these youngest children.

I haved searched and searched on google and hardly found anything.

if anyone could enlighten me further it would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Rebecca

We found ours didn't suit our male colleague! Perhaps we hadn't thought through the Equal Opps issues sufficiently!

We have just ordered some really nice tabbards from Alexander, they are more expensive than plain ones, but really nice. They have bugs on them and come in red and blue. All of our staff wear tabbards at all times.

We wear the ones which are in Rea's link - the first web-site, and the third picture along. They look hideous in that picture, but look really bright and friendly when the staff wear them. They wear badges with their names on over the top.

The setting I am doing a couple of afternoons in has a staff 'uniform.' Just lovely blue polo tops and black trousers. They all look great and it is friendly to both genders. the staff seem to be interchageable throughout the setting.

The setting I am doing a couple of afternoons in has a staff 'uniform.' Just lovely blue polo tops and black trousers. They all look great and it is friendly to both genders. the staff seem to be interchageable throughout the setting.

Ditto, this is what my staff chose to wear.

I have spent loads over the years on logo emblazened polo shirts, sweatshirts and tabards, it does become quite costly.

just a note of warning, I spent a fortune on some nice bright yellow tabards only to find that when staff went outside in the summer, they were a magnet to all things black that fly. :oxD

Definately recommend light blue ( or any colour) tops, staff own style choice, and black trousers. :D

Peggy

p.s. We now use the tabards as aprons for nappy changing, they are only used for this purpose.

To follow on from Peggy's comment, and I hope I'm not hi-jacking the thread, but I would be very grateful if someone could tell me where I can get nice blue polo shirts from, as they're exactly what I want my staff to wear but have had no joy finding them!

we get our polo shirts, t-shirts and last year fleece jackets in lots of designs and a mountain of colours from Sonic Leisure Tel. 01793 792953 (no web site though! ) They are very helpful and if you give them a call will send examples for colour checks and price guides etc. if they do not have it just ask, they found us a source of pink sweatshirts for the children. (we all wear a variety of colours with the logo on them - children say we look like the rainbow on the wall whan we stand together.)

All staff wear a polo with logo and wear a fleece jacket with logo, the hall can get chilly in the morning when we arive and useful for all year garden play.

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)