Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Trips..

mundia

Me? hate them!

WE're off on our nursery trip tomrrow, I dread them, it will of course be fantastic and the chidlren do get so much out of going, but the logistics of organising? Yuk..

We alwasy do our trips by public transport (cant afford caoches) so its always an extra nightmare..

Oh yes and the weather promises to be err....wet...with wet intervals and some wet outbreaks leading to err wet rain....

now where did I put the valium..

Oh well ..... hope you have a good time - fingers crossed that the weather isn't too bad.... where are you going?

I cancelled a trip to the beach on Tuesday because of the weather and have got planning it all over again to look forward to!

Next time will probably have the worry of over-exposure to the sun to worry about!

I do 4 trips a year and oh what a relief when they're over and everyone is back safe and sound! :o

Where are you going Mundia? I'm sure you will have a lovely time-she says tongue in cheek!! :o

I personally hate organising them, quite enjoy them while there but am always glad when they are over with-safely!!

We are just going to go to a large park in Stockport this year and take the parachute, beanbags and balls, and the bubble blowing machines. We are only going for the morning so we will take a picnic and be back for about 1 o'clock. The coach will be the only expense, so quite a cheap do.

Linda

PS I hope the rain stays away for you!

Many sympathies!!

I can remember, years ago, being really enthusiastic about them, but now I cringe.... But because I'm 'experienced', I get left behind in Nursery, to care for the children without permission to go - would you believe, 2 out of 30-odd, last week!! :o

I actually felt so sorry for them, I worked really hard at giving them a good time, so much so that they've come in this week asking if the others are going on a trip today!

PS - I would actually have quite liked the chance to go for a day out - provided Someone looked after me!!

Sue :D

well that valium didnt work, I kept wakng up thinking..

clothes....first aid...phone..camera...gloves..clothes.

WE're going to the sea life centre, in itself that will be ok, but its the half mile walk across town in the pouring rain that wil probably finish me off.....

Oh I do agree. My policy is trips are great but I'm not organising any. If you want one organise it yourself. I'll come along to make up numbers.

Al

well we survived, it didnt even rain. No accidents, trips falls or wet pants, noone left on the bus, none bitten by sharks...phew am I glad thats over for another year!

The children (and ths staff) have gone home shattered but having had a good day.......

Congratulations Mundia! Glad it went well.

I bet you're exhausted, I always am after a trip.

In our Nursery, we do our trip twice on two consecutive days- the first day with the morning children and the second day with the afternoon children. We are always so drained by the end and it's really hard trying to be just as enthusiastic and full of energy on the second day.

I've got ours to look forward to next month. Can't wait!!!

Jackie

Guest MaryEMac

At our group the christmas and summer outings are organised by the committee. Each child is accompanied by one of their parents or carers and the staff go too but are not on duty. We are just there to be an extra pair of hands to help out if needed. It is a nice way to finish the summer term and we stay cool, calm and collected !!!! (unless it rains).

Mary :D

We'd never go anywhere if our parents had to accompany us!!!!

Now Ive been short strawed for the reception trip to the airport...Ill just keep taking that valium for a few more weeks.

oh, we would also never get anywhere if we waited for parents to come with us, as none of them appear forthcoming in volunterring there services! ~ or the ones that do are the ones that you really really would not want to help (i know that sounds horrid!, but some parents are lovely and others..... well!!!)

We don't get on many outings due to lack of money or just not having enough staff for the ratio's once outside (our nursery has a policy that its a one to two ratio when outdoors) so it means we need a hell of a lot of spare staff and students to help us out.

The other week we went to the park (which is just under a mile walk from where we are) and yep we walked... by the time we got there the kids (and staff) were shattered!!! probably not the best planned out activity, particularily when we only had 30 mins to play before heading back again!! ~ lesson learnt ~ not to go on spontaneous outings, and to plan ahead for them in future.

But if im personally honest i hate outings, i can think of a million and one other things i could be doing in the room rather than treking children miles for walks :o .... but im just nasty LOL

Dawn :D

• 3 weeks later...

Im off again today for the 2nd of the dreaded trips agghhh. At least it is cooler than its been..I dont do heat.

This time to the airport....should I take my passport and head off somewhere exoctic...hmmmm, wher would I like to go..

Hi again

Just noticed an article in the June edition of Practical Pre-School about farm visits. In it, it states 'according to the Health and Safety Executive, the ratio of supervisors to children should be 1:3 for children between two and three years old, 1:4 for children between three and five years old, and 1:8 for those between five and eight. If supervision levels are less than this, you should not allow direct contact with the animals'.

Thought it might be interesting. The obvious question would be 'who would count as a supervisor?'

As mentioned previously, we always have a ratio of 1:2 on any outing.

Deb