Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Thankyou

I don't want to sound daft but, I look forward to login on and reading everyone's news and really feel like I have new friends, it is like having friends without the physical interaction, which I am rubbish at - I am a shy person and to work in the setting is hard, the children are fine, I love them but having to deal with other adults, parents and my collegues I find difficult, I have got better during my four years and am sure college has helped, I have had to MAKE myself go, but because I love what I do it becomes slightly easier to have to mix. I know if I can find the courage to do the FD, it will boost my confidence too, ooo hark at me sound quite positive don't I?

So thankyou very much, my many new friends I may need to hold on to you all for a while if you don't mind

(have to admit that my shyness is making me go very red in the face just typing these words of sentiment - this could be my type of therapy?!)

Edited by Guest

Hi Shirel.

Yes Im sure it is a kind of therapy, Im sure the forum has kept many of us vaguely sane at times over the years.

You will build up your confidence as you gain more experience, and Im sure that if you take that plunge and do the FD, you will get lots of support from here, as well as making new friends on your course too!.

Hi Shirel,

like Barb I think I probably make a better virtual friend than 'in the flesh' so to speak, because I seem to make time to log on, but usually only remember that I was going to phone/see someone when I'm in bed and it is far too late :o ! Hope you continue to enjoy the site, it is a great place to get support both professionally and emotionally.

I echo your sentiments completely, what's I find great about the forum is that it is like having a friend who has many, many, values, beliefs, experiences and opinions and it doesn't matter if they are not the same as mine because everyone is open to listen and respects each others opinions.

Good luck with your FD, new confidence is so powerful I just know you are going to go for it :o

peggy

Guest MaryEMac

I totally agree with all of the above comments. I feel that I can come on the site and have a moan or ask a daft question and not be judged wanting. Also being on line means that I don't see the raised eyebrows!! :o

Mary

Guest MaryEMac

I totally agree with all of the above comments. I feel that I can come on the site and have a moan or ask a daft question and not be judged wanting. Also being on line means that I don't see the raised eyebrows!! :o

Mary

This site, or more correctly the people on it have saved me from going completly insane on many occassions, even if I havent got a problem it kind of helps knowing other people are struggling with staff, paperwork, parents, ofsted, people you rent from, cleaners, children!, gosh it goes on and on doesnt it. :D:D

I also have found this site a great support on many levels, nursery staff are often very isolated, and the support we get from local groups can vary. There are years of experience on this site and believe we can all play the role of a supportive and critical friend.

I've only just found this thread - you're comment could have been written by me, Shirel. I've often felt like writing something like that but didn't have the courage so well done you. I'm lousy at being friends with people 'in the flesh' but talking here really does feel like being with friends that you trust completely :).