Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I'm A Great Aunt!

I have just become a great aunt! My nephew and his wife had their first baby yesterday and this is the first grandchild in our family. It is a girl, 7 lbs 2 ozs, I don't know her name yet but I am so chuffed!

It is going to be a great year for us-a new baby, my mum will be 80 in July and Gavin and I are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary in November.

I am really looking forward to meeting this new member of our family.

Linda

Congratulations Linda and enjoy the new baby

I am a great aunt several times over and it certainly adds a new dimension to family gatherings

Jo

Congratulations, Linda!

Its going to be a long while yet before I have the pleasure, my eldest nephew is 13 and hopefully a while before the grandchildren materialise if they do--cant see either of my boys champing at the bit to do that one!!

Many congrats from me too! Didn't really realise that I was one as well - still think of myself as 'Auntie' to them all (well both of them!)

Looks like this year is going to be a good year for you all! :)

Thanks Steve-no apology necessary. I am very proud of being a great aunt and am really looking forward to being a part of her life. I have been collecting bits to make up a basket full of goodies for her for ages. The one thing I haven't got but will go and buy tomorrow will be her first story book! Can't start a love of books too early I say!

Linda

Great news Linda, let us know her name and possibly share a pic as soon as you can. Aren't families wonderful :D

I just found a picture frame at a local boot fair today, it says " If I knew grandchildren were so much fun, I would have had one first" :oxD

I just had to buy it.

Enjoy every minute of what sounds to be a fantastic year ahead.

Peggy

Many congratulations, Linda.

And a big welcome to your new Great Niece (and I expect she is a "great" Great Niece, if you see what I mean)

Best Wishes,

Louise.

My mum has been to see her great grandaughter today and she is gorgeous-not that she is biased of course! :o She is called Madeline Rose May, Maddie for short.

I am going to see her some time next week and will definately be taking my camera with me-so I will post photos soon.

Thank you for all your lovely messages.

Great Aunt Linda!

Hi Linda congratulations. what a pretty name it conjures up a beautiful little girl in pink.

I'm waiting for my oldest nephew and niece to get married, at 28 and 25. can't wait to have babies in the family. I'm very envious. congratulations again

Steph

Many congratulations Linda. I have three grandchildren - one just 12 weeks old and they are my pride and joy. My Mum who is 92 has 14 children, 29 grandchilsren and 12 great grandchilren at the last count!!!

Family gatherings are wonderful. At my Mums 90th birthday party she gave a little specch and I quote said" Without m, all you people would not be here" There were over 120 relatives all gathered for her celebrations. She is looking forward to her 100th!!

Sue

Well I finally got to see Maddy today and what a gorgeous baby. My mum and daughter and I went to visit her and her mum in hospital this afternoon-they have had to stay a couple of extra days because she is jaundiced. They are going home tomorrow hopefully.

Here is a photo of her.

Linda

Maddy.doc

Aww Linda, so cute!

There's so many babies and friends/work colleagues that are pregnant at the moment that its not helping my broodyness!