Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

You'll never guess who I met!!!!

Hi 

Am I the only one who watches so called 'Celebrity' programmes like 'Celebrity The Chase' and half the time I don't know who the people are lol

I have not met many famous people but when I attended my brother in laws wedding in 2008 imagine the delight of my then 11 year daughter when Mr Weasley walked into the reception (although he was not in his cloak).

The actor Mark Williams has a brother Nick and he was friends with my brother in law and so they invited Nick and his brother.

A bit of extra excitement on an already exciting day!

So who have you met?

Sue 

I've been quite lucky in the people I've met over the years through different things I've done. 

I think one of the nicest people I've ever met though was Ben Shephard when I was lucky enough to take part in the first series of Tipping Point. We all turned up at the old ITV studios, no idea what the show was all about, and he really made all the contestants feel at home. 

The best part of the day though was....even though I almost got knocked out in Round 1, I got back in the game and went on to win! I also took my class bear with me, and Ben was more than happy to have a photo with him after recording: 

image.png

(7 years after recording date, I tagged him in a Tweet and to prove how nice he is..he replied!)

image.png

• Love 2

I was very lucky in 2014 to have a curry with Miriam Margoyles (one of my absolute icons!), while I was living in Adelaide, Australia.

My uncle, Julian, was directing a play for The State Theatre Company of South Australia called 'Neighbourhood Watch', where she was the star of the show and after one evening's rehearsal, she came to my uncle's house for dinner (I was living with them at the time).

My favourite part was when she tucked a napkin into her collar and said to me, with gusto and a huge grin on her face, "You will excuse me, I am a very messy eater!" 

It was the most fun I've ever had at a family dinner 🤣

image.jpeg

• Love 2

On 16/06/2023 at 16:14, KatTapestrySupport said:

I was very lucky in 2014 to have a curry with Miriam Margoyles (one of my absolute icons!), while I was living in Adelaide, Australia.

I am sooo jealous Kat - I love Miriam Margoyles - she is proper naughty and I am sure she had stories that are mostly unrepeatable lol

• Like 1

On 16/06/2023 at 16:18, SueFinanceManager said:

I am sooo jealous Kat - I love Miriam Margoyles - she is proper naughty and I am sure she had stories that are mostly unrepeatable lol

She was soooooooo funny and you are absolutely right; many things said at the table that night (from all of us!) were probably not for the faint of heart! 

• Haha 1

The best celebrity I ever met, I actually lived with for many years. It was..... our family dog Teddy 😂

When I was about 13/14 our dog Phoebe had puppies and we kept one. We registered them on the Kennel Club website and an animal trainer (who happened to be Gerry Cott of the Boomtown Rats!) got in touch with my mum asking if any of the puppies wanted to be a film they were making for TV. It was called After Thomas and it was about a little boy with Autism who gets a puppy and the bond him and this dog had. 

This is Teddy on the main menu of the DVD and in the sweetest scene where he had to fall asleep in bed with the little boy. He happily obliged! 

MVIMG_20190224_195614.jpg  MVIMG_20190224_201204.jpg

• Love 3

• 1 month later...

I was just browsing old posts and discovered this one that I'd missed. Weirdly, for a very unsporty person I've actually met quite a few sports people. I my pre-teaching days I worked for a sports charity who had various people as patrons. So I've shared an office for a day with Duncan Goodhew, handed Paula Radcliffe a backpack and Steve Cram arranged tickets to see a Question of Sport being filmed as an apology for missing an event he was meant to be at with us.

Many, many years ago I 'met' the car in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Some friends of my parents were getting married, the man knew someone who'd worked on the film and they had Chitty as their wedding car. I have a photo of it and apparently they did the wings moving out and so on but I was really little and don't remember it at all!

• Like 2
  • Love 2