Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Holiday wages query

I was speaking to two ex-employees who have moved onto another setting and they were querying their paid holidays. They have both worked five days per week for the last school year except for a few odd half days off and received four weeks holiday pay - one at Christmas, another at Easter and two at summer break but thought they were due more? They spoke to the manager who said this is what everyone has always been paid.

Is this correct does anyone know? 

One is now working three and half days and the other two days due to changes in circumstances so how will their wages work out, can anyone help with this please?

Thank you. xx

• Like 1

I always use the government calculator to work out holidays.  I now annualise hours the staff work and go from there on the gov site.

There was a court case a couple of months ago about term time hours and holiday pay- they are entitled to the equivalent of 5.6 weeks.

https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights/holiday-pay-the-basics?fbclid=IwAR1oryn7XAqYj3nTxla-hhqoilFoFf3YgyGb7jdiU8rBP6KOzcrEX-qTY1U

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 1

On 25/09/2022 at 11:39, blondie said:

Is this correct does anyone know? 

We work 38 weeks + 5.6 weeks HP equally paid over 12 months, I believe if you haven’t been on 5.6 wks you can request it is back paid for 2 years if the employer doesn’t sort it out themselves, but think it needs doing in a short time frame before it’s too late, I’ll see if I can find what I was reading 🤔 

• Like 1