Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Return from red list country

anju

Hi

Do you require some sort of proof of hotel quarantine having been completed and/or a negative COVID test before allowing a child to return to nursery after travelling from a red list country? 

Thank you

A

Hi

Well I am extremely lucky, my families are going to Wales, Norfolk and the New Forest, so no need for quarantine!

I wonder how they would 'prove' that they had completed 'hotel quarantine'...hmm, I suppose if you know their dates of travel you would just not accept children back for ten days after their return?

Right, I am just rambling and being of no help at all, hopefully someone else will be able to answer

<walks off muttering 'why the heck are they travelling to red list countries anyway> 🤦‍♀️

4 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Hi

Well I am extremely lucky, my families are going to Wales, Norfolk and the New Forest, so no need for quarantine!

I wonder how they would 'prove' that they had completed 'hotel quarantine'...hmm, I suppose if you know their dates of travel you would just not accept children back for ten days after their return?

Right, I am just rambling and being of no help at all, hopefully someone else will be able to answer

<walks off muttering 'why the heck are they travelling to red list countries anyway> 🤦‍♀️

Thanks for the reply - not rambling!

I've asked for dates and will see what they say. They have got family reasons to be fair and went there before it was red list so have been stuck for a while. But I am quite concerned as you can imagine!

• Like 1

so a managed quarantine hotel you have to access testing. The day 8 test is the last one but you must stay for 10 days to ensure you are fully free of covid. I would be asking for a test to be done before returning to  preschool on or after the 10th day the results of which could be sent to you. (this might be rapid flow or pcr depending on your rules.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

so a managed quarantine hotel you have to access testing. The day 8 test is the last one but you must stay for 10 days to ensure you are fully free of covid. I would be asking for a test to be done before returning to  preschool on or after the 10th day the results of which could be sent to you. (this might be rapid flow or pcr depending on your rules.

Thank you - I've asked them for a test but didn't realise about the day eight test.