Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

end of term leavers presentation

looking at the news this morning, its likely that there will be a another 4 weeks of Covid restrictions, we were planning on having a presentation for our leavers inviting 2 adults for each child, I think I am right in saying we can only have 30 adults outside at a gathering??? what are others thinking of doing for their leavers? the tea party planned for the children does not involve parents. Last year we had to do a drive by event, luckily we have a large car part that they could drive in and out of so we could wave goodbye, we created placards and decorated but it was so sad that we did not get to really celebrate. 

11 minutes ago, twinthinguk said:

looking at the news this morning, its likely that there will be a another 4 weeks of Covid restrictions, we were planning on having a presentation for our leavers inviting 2 adults for each child, I think I am right in saying we can only have 30 adults outside at a gathering??? what are others thinking of doing for their leavers? the tea party planned for the children does not involve parents. Last year we had to do a drive by event, luckily we have a large car part that they could drive in and out of so we could wave goodbye, we created placards and decorated but it was so sad that we did not get to really celebrate. 

No help here...i'm in a quandary ! i keep pinging from one idea to another. Does the 30 include children?? 

Edited by finleysmaid
repeat

19 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

No help here...i'm in a quandary ! i keep pinging from one idea to another. Does the 30 include children?? 

ummmm I assumed its 30 adults? but eeekkk if it includes children and staff........38 leavers, 10 staff, possible 2 adults for each child.......oh dear....just found this on the gov guidance " Children under 5 who are accompanying a parent or guardian do not count towards this limit"  so staff and parents??? oh my I am confused! then it says check parent and child groups which then states " Parent and child groups must be limited to no more than 30 people. Children under five and anyone working or volunteering as part of the group, such as a group leader, are not counted in this number." so don't count staff in the 30??

Edited by twinthinguk

new guidelines out today 

Government guidance states that if you are planning to hold a leavers' event, you should avoid hosting large group gatherings indoors for more than one bubble (if your setting operates bubbles) or consistent group. 

However, as outdoor events are generally lower-risk, once you have undertaken a risk assessment and planned your event in line with your system of controls, you may consider an outdoor event (for example a leavers’ celebration or prom) that caters for more than one bubble or consistent group, as long as the groups continue to be kept separate.

Any parents attending outdoor events must adhere to current social distancing requirements. Where outdoors spectators can gather in groups of up to 30 (again, multiple groups of 30 are permitted).

and on open days....

Government guidance states that you should complete thorough risk assessments before running transitional, taster and open days in your setting, to ensure that they are run in line with your system of controls and align with the advice contained within the guidance for your setting and the roadmap out of lockdown.

This means that traditional transitional and open days are unlikely to be feasible this academic year but the Department for Education is not restricting individual settings from designing events which maintain the integrity of bubbles or consistent groups, and adhere to the system of controls in place.