Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff notice board

Hi 

Just a thought but do you know if there is a possibility of a "Staff notice board" tab being added to tapestry, this would facilitate staff notifications, sharing of practice/ideas, reminders of upcoming events etc without the need of a seperate system. 

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi and welcome

I think there was going to be something like this but not sure when or if it was shelved, I use reflections to add anything I want staff to see or they add feedback from training, by adding one of their key children to the reflection they see the notification on the app (parents don’t see it).

I’m not sure if you could use memo’s for this too?

Hi, 

I think Reflections would be a great place to start with this, as Mouseketeer says, especially as they are never shared with relatives. 

1. Setting up Reflections
  2. Adding a Reflection
  3. Viewing a Reflection
  4. Updating a Reflection

Another option would be to use the Documents feature, but just make sure that you don't share it with relatives. 

1. Setting up the Documents Feature
  2. How to use the Documents feature
  3. How to Delete Folders and Files from the Documents Feature

I will feed this back to the developers to see if there is anything else that they can think of to achieve this too. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

I really like the reflection tool and use it for sharing things with staff like group meeting notes, CPD, adding links I want them to see But why was it developed visually to show if it’s been made available to staff in the opposite format to whether an observation has been added e.g when an ob has the solid line on left of thumbnail (orange) it hasn’t been made available (added) but the reflection with the solid (blue) line, left of thumbnail has been made available (added)....my brain doesn’t cope with this at all well 🤯

On 08/05/2021 at 08:17, Mouseketeer said:

I really like the reflection tool and use it for sharing things with staff like group meeting notes, CPD, adding links I want them to see But why was it developed visually to show if it’s been made available to staff in the opposite format to whether an observation has been added e.g when an ob has the solid line on left of thumbnail (orange) it hasn’t been made available (added) but the reflection with the solid (blue) line, left of thumbnail has been made available (added)....my brain doesn’t cope with this at all well 🤯

I think the reason it is highlighted differently is because the two systems require action at different points. 

The observations that are not in journal require an action for approval and so are highlighted, whereas the reflections that are ready for discussion need action, so again are highlighted. 

I hope that this helps 😀

6 hours ago, BenC said:

I'm going to raise this with the rest of the team to see if there is anything we can do to make it more uniform :) 

Thanks Ben, I do appreciate that but it must just be me seeing it as un-logical if it hasn’t been raised by any of the other thousands of users ...put it down to age 🙈