Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Do You Have Two Sets Of Policies?

Hi

After reading one of the policy posts, I wondered wether anyone else has two sets of policies.

When I started out I did two sets, one aimed at parents and one aimed at my staff, like guidelines on how to meet the parents policy type thing. They are similar, just worded differently. There are of course a few that only apply to staff and a few which only apply to parents.

Does anyone else do this or do you all have just the one set?

Thanks

Nic

Hi

We have 3 folders, one for the parents, one for staff and one for students, as we had to do this for the accreditation.

We have four! One for staff, one for parents, one for the Office and one for the Ofsted box!! This last one is the Bible! If there are any discrepancies, that's the one we go by.

Sue

Hi,

Every new member of staff is given a handbook with all the relevant policies. New parents are given a book to take away, read and return again with relevant policies. Both policy packs are slightly different as different policies apply to different people. Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork! :o

we produce a brief over view of the policies for parents this is in their "welcome pack" which we give them when their child starts at preschool and we also produce an information leaflet for students telling them some key points that they need to know.

both students and parents are informed that a full copy of all policies are available on the welcome desk and this copy is identical to the policies we keep in the operational plan.

we have several copies of the same identical polies

one for the parents on the welcome desk

copies for the each member of staff

and one as part of the operational plan.

• 1 month later...

I'm just redoing the policies at the nursery I have taken over at. We are having:

1. A set for parents. There will be something for them in there to sign and return to say that they understand about Late Collection, Sickness exclusion dates, etc;

2. A policy file for each nursery room. The policies will be the same but will also have guidance and procedures attached, so that staff can refer to them quickly if necessary, e.g. what do I do if I suspect a child protections issue? what do I do if a child is late? etc

Shelley

Seperate policies wouldnt have worked at playgroup. We were committee run and they would have wanted to know everything, even if it wasnt directly relevent to them. It definitly helped on one occassion, the staff training policy included reference to not being paid if the course was run outside playgroup hours. On parent read that and said 'well, you must be on a lot of money anyway'. A converstaion followed, she'd thought I was on around £18,000 a year. :o How we laughed xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)