Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Job support Scheme

nomski100

Now the furlough is coming to an end and the new support for employers come in, The Job Support Scheme. 

Again if we receive funding for 2 and 3 year old we will only receive a proportion of this. 

What it doesn’t state is how do we work out the proportion as surely it can’t be based on our income in Feb 2020 again! 

Gov website states:

Bodies in receipt of public funds

Organisations that have staff costs that are fully publicly funded (even if they are not in the public sector), should use that money to continue paying their staff, and not use the Job Support Scheme.

Organisations can use the scheme if they are not fully funded by public grants, for the proportion of their revenue disrupted due to coronavirus. They should contact their sponsor department or respective administration for further guidance.Those that do claim should do so using the same process as all other employers’.

When will we find out how to calculate this as there were sorry many different ways people were calculating the Furlough pay for their employees with some under claiming and some over claiming. 

• Like 1

So who would be our 'sponsor dept' or respective administration' to contact then? Our LA's? 

One thing I do know- I'm not going to spend the time (and stress) I spent on it last time- As you say I cant think they mean us to use Feb's calculations. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, lynned55 said:

One thing I do know- I'm not going to spend the time (and stress) I spent on it last time- As you say I cant think they mean us to use Feb's calculations. 

Nor me Lynned, I’d be hard pushed to remember how I worked it out last time 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

Ha, ha!! So would I and I wrote myself loads of notes. 

Surely though we wouldn't be expected to base everything on Feb's income. Mind you my son tested positive so I'm at home now until next Friday and will have the time to do so!

Do you know, on a different note. He got his results yesterday lunchtime- just over 24 hours- great I thought but nobody has contacted him to ask who his contacts have been. Over 24 hours now. Not very good is it

8 hours ago, lynned55 said:

Ha, ha!! So would I and I wrote myself loads of notes. 

Surely though we wouldn't be expected to base everything on Feb's income. Mind you my son tested positive so I'm at home now until next Friday and will have the time to do so!

Do you know, on a different note. He got his results yesterday lunchtime- just over 24 hours- great I thought but nobody has contacted him to ask who his contacts have been. Over 24 hours now. Not very good is it

I had reams of it too from when we were all sat here trying to work out the formula, my fee loss was still higher in Feb than now but my funding much higher so can’t see it being worth bothering with again.

sorry to read about your son, hope he’s soon over it, this trace and contact system is a shambles isn’t it, I don’t know of many being tested but the home test kit people seem to get their results quicker, even allowing for it having to be posted back than the testing at the centres 🤷‍♀️I have a friend that has signed up for weekly testing of the whole family for research...what a waste of resources, taking up lab time to get results when surely there are enough people turning up for tests they could ask to be part of the  research without sending people around to houses creating more work 😠

My daughters friend took part in this. Her 3 yr old tested positive but none of his nursery did and so far none of her family have. I must admit I'm not sure of the point in it.

He's fine thank you anyway- still saying certain foods are tasting funny- he is a standing joke in or family because of the amount of tomato ketchup he gets through- we always say he has a plate of ketchup with a bit of dinner. Anyway- he cant stand it at the moment! Tried it again last night and says it has stopped tasting like aniseed and now tastes like soap!! 

Still no contact from anyone- you are right its a shambles isnt it. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)