Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

external visitors

anju

Hi,

Is anyone allowing external visitors? I have been saying no (we don't have a separate room and we are not allowing parents inside, even for new starters). The guidance (updated today but I don't think this section has been updated) says:

External professionals

In instances where settings need to use other essential professionals such as social workers, speech and language therapists or counsellors, or other professionals to support delivery of a child’s EHC plan, settings should assess whether the professionals need to attend in person or can do so virtually.

If they need to attend in person, they should:

• follow guidance relevant to the setting
  • keep the number of attendances to a minimum
  • wash hands frequently
  • where possible to do so, maintain social distancing
  • be informed about the system of controls in settings

If anyone has come inside (e.g. prospective parents after hours) I have insisted on a mask. But a speech therapist for example isn't going to wear a mask presumably.

Thanks,

A

Hi

I had a prospective parent yesterday, I made it clear before her visit that she wouldn't be able to come in but could just view from door, I went outside to chat with her

I have a little boy who is hearing impaired, think his 'teacher for the deaf' might want to visit soon, will suggest outdoors I think

SALT could possibly do the same?

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Hi

I had a prospective parent yesterday, I made it clear before her visit that she wouldn't be able to come in but could just view from door, I went outside to chat with her

I have a little boy who is hearing impaired, think his 'teacher for the deaf' might want to visit soon, will suggest outdoors I think

SALT could possibly do the same?

Thank you. Our outdoor area is being used pretty much constantly at the moment - we did think about it for visitors but it would mean other children couldn’t then use it as salts etc would need a quiet space and not have others ‘interfering’ if you know what I mean! I’ll give it some more thought anyway. 

we are doing parents meetings outside in the garden socially distanced but the children are out there playing (i have one who insists on sitting on any newcomers laps!) . We are beginning to allow a very few professionals in our hall space if there is no alternative (SalT today for an EHCP for instance)

8 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

we are doing parents meetings outside in the garden socially distanced but the children are out there playing (i have one who insists on sitting on any newcomers laps!) . We are beginning to allow a very few professionals in our hall space if there is no alternative (SalT today for an EHCP for instance)

Thanks. I’ve had parents inside one at a time but only when there are no more than a couple Of children in (Ie very early or late) and they have to wear a mask. Ah yes if it’s for an ehcp then that makes sense. Routine stuff I’m not keen though when they could have clinic sessions instead.