Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Attendance at multiple settings

Teddybears

On 13/05/2020 at 11:34, lynned55 said:

Reluctantly we are going to say no- shared care will not be possible. Will be a waste of time trying to follow guidance of keeping to small groups if they are going off to another setting

I asked my LA for advice and they haven’t got any. I decided I’m not allowing it for the same reason you say Lynne 

On 13/05/2020 at 11:34, lynned55 said:

Reluctantly we are going to say no- shared care will not be possible. Will be a waste of time trying to follow guidance of keeping to small groups if they are going off to another setting

I also went down the no shared care route but now I’m thinking the siblings are going to school, could be taking something home to our child who then brings it to the setting so what is the point in the no shared settings? ...crumbs I’ve woken up with a right ‘all these measures are futile’ head on this morning, I’ll try and snap out of it 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

I have also said no shared care. It's a tricky one but i have a child who goes to a local childminder and ourselves. The childminder has a grandson who will be cared for at the same time and attend school ....so he will share his bubble with up to 8 children at the childminders and potentially another 50 or so at school ..adding our numbers too just makes her 'bubble' too big. 

This idea of bubbles is quite uesful and something that Guernsey has been doing.....they have now no new cases and only a few deaths (i realise they are a small island) but they are quite densly populated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

I also went down the no shared care route but now I’m thinking the siblings are going to school, could be taking something home to our child who then brings it to the setting so what is the point in the no shared settings? ...crumbs I’ve woken up with a right ‘all these measures are futile’ head on this morning, I’ll try and snap out of it 🤦‍♀️

I think it's maybe more about minimising the contacts. So if your nursery child went to two settings, this would be on top of the contacts with siblings and siblings' classmates. If nursery child only came to you, this reduces the total contacts. You can't control the other interactions. That's how I'm looking at it anyway.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 13:03, anju said:

I think it's maybe more about minimising the contacts. So if your nursery child went to two settings, this would be on top of the contacts with siblings and siblings' classmates. If nursery child only came to you, this reduces the total contacts. You can't control the other interactions. That's how I'm looking at it anyway.

Yes, that's how I am looking at it. 

• Like 1