Jump to content
Home
Forum
Join Us
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Evaluating training


AliceinWonderland
 Share

Recommended Posts

How do you all evaluate the training your staff have done? I have seen on a recent inspection report in our area that they were pulled up for not doing this even though they had provided a lot of training for the staff. My staff have done a lot of online training but how would I go about evaluating the impact of this? any ideas welcome :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you use Tapestry? We now use ‘reflections’ for staff to feed back on training attended, they can share anything that they think we should/could put into practice and the ‘intent’, add pics of any useful handouts, staff can discuss how to ‘implement’ it, and reflect on the ‘impact’, it’s working well :-) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/21/2020 at 12:05, Mouseketeer said:

Do you use Tapestry? We now use ‘reflections’ for staff to feed back on training attended, they can share anything that they think we should/could put into practice and the ‘intent’, add pics of any useful handouts, staff can discuss how to ‘implement’ it, and reflect on the ‘impact’, it’s working well :-) 

Does this work well? In practise I can see it being me and maybe just 1/2 others that actually do this. We tend to save up discussions/feedback etc to cascade back to other staff during our staff meetings, that way it is minuted. However it could be a little while if training is done straight after a meeting. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lynned55 said:

Does this work well? In practise I can see it being me and maybe just 1/2 others that actually do this. We tend to save up discussions/feedback etc to cascade back to other staff during our staff meetings, that way it is minuted. However it could be a little while if training is done straight after a meeting. 

Hi, they don’t have an option and they had to complete a feedback form anyway,  like you say it was weeks and even months before any feedback was shared/thought about and to be honest the training was forgotten about by then, hand outs were put out for all to look through but no one ever did, if you add a key child from each group staff get a notification when they open the app (relying on them to check the browser would never work).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's great to hear that you're using Reflections for this. 

I think being able to add things as a 'timeline' help with keeping track of discussions and giving others a chance to keep on top of the discussions at a later date.

Is there anything that you would like to see added to make its use even better? I've been playing around with Reflections to record In The Moment Planning, and can see potential there too. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks you two. That's really given e some food for thought- didnt realise that about one from each key group Mousie- 

Ben, I'm very interested in ITMP and have currently been doing 'research' on it. So good to hear Reflections could play a part in this

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lynned55 said:

Ben, I'm very interested in ITMP and have currently been doing 'research' on it. So good to hear Reflections could play a part in this

Once I've mastered it, I'll be recording a tutorial video on it for the forum so I'll try to remember to post it here too! If you have any ideas about it though, please do let me know! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BenC said:

Is there anything that you would like to see added to make its use even better?

🙋‍♀️ Could you add a CPD tag please?

The ITMP will be interesting, we’ve been working this way for a couple of years but moved away from the focus child completing the paperwork, I ask staff to add #ITM to there obs to show the teachable input, it ensures they stay in the ITM mind set and I can see  that they are :-) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)