Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

gender questions

I have had a lady ask me about how i would handle a 3 year old boy wanting to be a girl. (expressing this through thought and actions)

I have to say he is not in my setting and she is a trustee. I have answered to the best of my ability...but anyone have any experience of this. (there was a thread but can't find it!!)

Ooh that's an 'interesting' question - I know that you are able to 'think on your feet' and will have given an appropriate answer :)

No real experience here - have had plenty of boys who happily spend a good part of the session wearing dresses and jewellery...…..

Hope someone far more helpful comes along soon

• Like 1

Hi finleysmaid, I had a bit of a dig around on the forum and found this thread on a similar theme. Like sunnyday, I haven't had any experience of this in my own teaching practice, but the advice in the above thread to contact one of the transgender charities to ask how best to support a child seems a good place to start for practitioners who would like to know more. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)