Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

SMP

I have a member of staff on maternity leave.  She has asked to have the holiday pay she will accrue while on leave paid throughout her maternity leave instead of taking it as holiday at the end of her leave.  She has given me the dates that she wants as paid holiday and I have just noticed that they are all on the same day of the week, when she works 2.5 hours longer than the other days.  Is it reasonable for me to say I will pay her holiday pay on a mixture of days that she can choose, but not all on her long days?

Edit to say:  I have put this in the wrong area, but nearly everything in the drop down menu was 'greyed out' so this was the closest I could choose!

Edited by Stargrower

17 minutes ago, Stargrower said:

I have a member of staff on maternity leave.  She has asked to have the holiday pay she will accrue while on leave paid throughout her maternity leave instead of taking it as holiday at the end of her leave.  She has given me the dates that she wants as paid holiday and I have just noticed that they are all on the same day of the week, when she works 2.5 hours longer than the other days.  Is it reasonable for me to say I will pay her holiday pay on a mixture of days that she can choose, but not all on her long days?

Edit to say:  I have put this in the wrong area, but nearly everything in the drop down menu was 'greyed out' so this was the closest I could choose!

You need to check on the acas website ...there's lots of info on there. I seem to remember it's based on an average week and then split (if that makes sense!)

• Thanks 1

Just looked and found this

Annual leave

An employee continues to accrue all of their paid annual leave (including bank holidays where applicable) while on maternity leave. An employer must ensure that an employee is able to take all of their annual leave at some point.

An employer and employee could agree that annual leave can be taken before the maternity leave starts or after it comes to an end. It is important to note that annual leave cannot be taken at the same time as maternity leave.

So it looks like I shouldn't be paying her holiday pay during her leave at all as it says annual leave cannot be taken at the same time as maternity leave!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)