Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

self evaluation

I do similar, any changes/introductions etc we make is added with ‘Intent’ being the what, ‘intention’ being the who, what, when and ‘impact’ the outcome/benefit (or not if it didn’t work as expected), I then use a highlight code to show why it came about ...., chn (their voice or progress tracking) parents, Committee, staff,  from training, other professionals, it’s very simple, scribbled  and all anyone’s getting :) 

• Like 3

So you just write down any changes / introductions why you have made them (eg child led/ needs, parents/staff etc.,) how they work out or don't as the case may be and any impact the change has had on the children, setting etc.,? 

Do you do this daily as different children are in each day - so outcome might be different ?

Do other staff add to this? 

When things don't work out/ or not as expected do you make a note and either put changed back or put note to say what happened and how you went from there? 

Finally are these just short notes?

Hi blondie, no not daily only when I get round to it there is something notable, we change the way we are doing something and yes if it wasn’t a change for the better I add why it did t work as expected and what we are going to try going forward and that might be back to how it was, staff don’t write on the sheet but their ideas/suggestions are recorded to show ideas are valued and they have input, more often than not it’s things that come up from supervisions, staff meetings or training they’ve attended and think it would be useful to introduce something, it’s always up for them to see and yes they are very short notes, we do very little paperwork of any description :ph34r: 

• Like 2

Hi All,

I was so pleased to see this thread on self-evaluation and reflection. This is something we have been thinking about a great deal at Tapestry and FSF HQ. Watch out on the FSF towards the end of July for articles and discussions about reflective practice, what this might look like and how you can record it. We have looked at reflections on the setting, on children and on personal teaching approaches.

I hope you feel inspired and supported by the resources and discussions we will be publishing. I'll add to this thread once the Reflections articles are available. 

Happy reflecting! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, blondie said:

Love this - how do you get the reflection and impact areas?

I’d like to know this too :-) When we first started using Tapestry we had a child called ‘staff’ and linked it to each key group but had to give it up when we ran out of space and didn’t go back to it when we upgraded, we only used it for adding things like reminders/dates etc  but sharing ‘reflective’ practice would be a great idea💡 Is there any chance of having a ‘staff room’ included on Tapestry but not have to use a subscription place....with the best will in the world there is always someone who ‘didn’t get the message’ or ‘didn’t realise they should be checking that’, I think it would be great for positive team building and even another tool to promote safeguarding, something as simple as ‘I noticed *** ate lots at snack this morning, if you are on snack rota with them this week could you monitor’? .......please :-D 

great articles too 😊 

• Like 1

Thank you for your great feedback! It's good to know Reflections on Tapestry is something settings would be keen to use - and hopefully to make it their own. We are still ironing out the features and functions, but once Reflections is ready to go, we will be looking for beta testers, so I'll let you know when we get to that point. How it will eventually work is that there will be the facility to enable Reflections on your account, and then it will appear in the tabs at the top of your Tapestry home page. 

Mouseketeer - I am going to take your idea of a 'staff room' back to the team! There will be various options within Reflections to allow you to include all staff so this may well tie in with your thoughts. :)

Thanks again! 

Jules 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that Tapestry Reflections is now available for you to turn on in your Tapestry account! 

You just need to go to the control panel > settings > Reflections > here you will see an option to 'Enable Reflections' - tick this and 'save'.

There are some tutorials to get you started: 

Setting up Reflections

Adding a Reflection

Viewing a Reflection

If you have any questions, do get in touch with the Product Support team at customer.service@eyfs.info. 

Happy Reflecting!  :)

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)