Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Inventor kit

Froglet

Hello all,

What would you put in an inventor kit?!  My lovely little niece is feeling a bit down at the moment and I want something to make her smile.  She has wanted to be an inventor since she was 3 and is always taking herself off to build inventions.  I was thinking of trying to put together an inventor kit for her but I can't think what to put in it.  To be honest I suspect she probably already has most of the things you might include so it might be a non starter but I thought it was worth an ask!

well you need a white coat (they have some childrens ones on amazon) some test tubes ! Sainsburys are doing some good pots of goo at the mo! a notebook and pen for your sketches and instructions....magnifying glass....how about something like a little electric kit (battery leads and little light bulb kind of thing)  a book on experiments??? sure I can think of some more things!xD

• Like 1

I think that if I was 3 and I wanted to be an inventor I'd want some things I could take to bits - old clocks / watches / hand whisks etc. I'd need some small screwdrivers and some pots to put bits in. I'd also like some cork table mats, some small picture nails and a little hammer so that I could 'nail down' some of the the things I had taken to bits (cogs , springs etc) and then have a really good look at them with the magnifying glass  that Finleysmaid bought me. :)

Is she more interested in finding out the science of things or the engineering aspect of making things.   Do things need to be practical that she can "use" after she has invented them, do you think she is past the imaginative, stick it, cut it put it together kind of stage, then name what it is9_9