Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recent recommendations

FSFRebecca

I've been having a bit of a scoot through some recent inspection recommendations from our local areas (Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, West Sussex) and there are a couple of recommendations that seem to crop up more than others - I have no idea if this is a national 'push' or if it's purely coincidental. They are from a range of inspectors too - so not just an inspector with a particular 'bee in their bonnet':

• Monitoring staff performance to raise good practice / opportunities for staff to gain new knowledge and skills
  • Link with parents to continue learning at home

With the new inspection framework and the revision to the ELGs happening this year it will be interesting to keep an eye out to see if any 'agendas' make their way through the back door ... I have my eyes peeled :ph34r:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

from our local ofsted meeting I think behaviour strategies and experiences offered to the children appears to be coming up. They were keen to express that behaviour did not mean that if you had children with SEND that they had to comply with everything but the way in which the staff handled it would be examined. As to experiences I hope that they meant a wide variety of 'activities' rather than bought in experiences or visits to places. With the funding the way it is we can't afford to use transport to get us anywhere!!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MarshaD said:

One setting near me got pulled up on the register. I don’t know the full details. I can’t imagine that they don’t have a register so I’m guessing it was something like children not being signed in and out properly. 

That happened to me on my very first inspection, one child had been missed off the signing in sheet but was still on our normal register but this resulted in a requires improvement grade. Thankfully that was a while ago and had better inspections since!

• Sad 1

As promised, I have been looking at inspection outcomes for the last couple of months - I've been looking in our immediate area and have listed out what the actions / recommendations have been.

Column 1 is the EY number - in case you think the improvements required / suggested sound like they might be relevant to your setting

Column 2 is the previous grade (1st letter) and then the grade awarded in this inspection.

Column 3 is the inspector - I've put their initials rather than their full names (although you would see the names if you looked up the report) - it just means they won't be found if someone 'Googled' them

The subsequent columns are self-explanatory I think! I'll keep it going, it's interesting and I think there are some definite themes!

Inspection analysis to 25th March.xlsx

16 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

OOH thanks...any idea what the use home language during play one was about??? My Vietnamese is a bit rubbish :D (we do have resources in other language and translations too)

You can search for the actual report using the Ofsted ref number :)