Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child health record 'red book' to go online

FSFRebecca

I’m sure there are counties that have this 2yr integrated pathway working well, unfortunately ours isn’t one of them, it still seems very one sided to me, even when we have been able to get our report in first or even contacted HV team prior to a 2yr check if we have concerns we still get no feed back and have to chase it up so maybe this will be a positive step.

we have no contact with any HV's at all there is no integrated check in this area ...they do theirs (sometimes) and we do ours. Neither is of any use it would seem as the information discussed is disregarded at the first opportune moment by the health service! (puts away angry eyes in bottom pocket!!) I don't suppose it will make it easier for my 'non English' speakers and may be a back way of designating everyone an identity number (a policy that was dropped a few years ago due to unease about it) if they can get the IT to work it will be a miracle!!

• Like 3

We no longer have contact with HVs either.  We are in a small rural market town but have a large, modern medical centre serving the town and all surrounding villages (31,000 patients on the books)  But two years ago, the Health Visitor team was disbanded and moved to various larger towns, the nearest being 16 miles away.  The result is that we have no contact, but more importantly parents get very little support.  They do still get invited to a Progress Check at Two, but this is in the week that they turn two and we do ours at two and a half, so they don't match up anyway.  It will be interesting to see how an online 'red book' works.  Maybe our HV team could be replaced with robots?

I think it would make more sense to drop the 2yr check (at least so early) and do a 2.9m actual check then drop the 3yr phone call (waste of time), when we raise concerns for the young 2’s we are told it’s ‘age appropriate’ mostly so what is the point? And once the parent has heard that they don’t want to listen to anything we have to say, even when the same concern is still there at 3 and beyond as you knew it would be :-( 

will we be ALLOWED to be integrated in to this system. I am assuming that they will use the 'paris' system (or equivalent) and access will therefore be restricted. I would say that currently I don't feel the health authority has any regards to what we say anyway ...and yet it is often them that have very little knowledge of child development. I am always shocked to learnt how little training the medical profession and social care have when it comes to child development,

3 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

I think it would make more sense to drop the 2yr check (at least so early) and do a 2.9m actual check then drop the 3yr phone call (waste of time), when we raise concerns for the young 2’s we are told it’s ‘age appropriate’ mostly so what is the point? And once the parent has heard that they don’t want to listen to anything we have to say, even when the same concern is still there at 3 and beyond as you knew it would be :-( 

What is the 3 year phone call?  Am I missing something we should be doing??

Having said that, I had a phone call from a parent this morning that felt like it lasted about three years, so maybe I am doing it!

8 hours ago, Stargrower said:

What is the 3 year phone call?  Am I missing something we should be doing??

Having said that, I had a phone call from a parent this morning that felt like it lasted about three years, so maybe I am doing it!

In our area parents get a phone call at around 3yrs old, though parents just tell them what they want them to hear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)