Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

30 hours

We've recently registered with the LA for this. The LA provides us with a "head-count" day, normally about three weeks after the beginning of term, when we submit our data. The LA tell me that any existing children who want to expand their weekly hours (from, say 20 to 25) *after* head-count day will not qualify for the grant for those extra hours that term. I'm happy to accept that but I'm not convinced the LA is right about this. Any views?

To be eligible for 30 hours next term (January 19) parents need to apply to HMRC for a code to prove their eligiblilty.  They need to have their code by 31st December or they will not be eligible in January and would have to wait until the summer term (April 19).  You will need the 30 hour codes when you apply to the LA for funding.  In our LA, we have to check 30 hour codes on the funding portal before applying.  We have a second chance to apply for funding later in the term for children who join us after headcount day as long as they have not already applied for funding in the county for that term.  But we couldn't use this to apply for more hours for children using 30 hours and definitely couldn't apply if parents haven't given us a code.

I hope this is what you meant...otherwise just ignore me!  :D

5 hours ago, amarrian said:

We've recently registered with the LA for this. The LA provides us with a "head-count" day, normally about three weeks after the beginning of term, when we submit our data. The LA tell me that any existing children who want to expand their weekly hours (from, say 20 to 25) *after* head-count day will not qualify for the grant for those extra hours that term. I'm happy to accept that but I'm not convinced the LA is right about this. Any views?

each LA runs slightly differently . Ours will allow new starters after head count day but not new hours.

Our LA allows us to amend hours throughout the term providing the eligibility code is in place before the start of the term.  We are paid monthly which is worked out on our estimates and any adjustments are paid in the final month of the term.  As others have stated different LA,  different rules - very bizarre.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)