Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Next steps

Alice87

In currently looking at my children's next steps for summer 2. I am just wondering when the next steps will be generated for the autumn term 1? I've just gone to look for autumn term and it says no assessments found. We are trailing using next steps from tapestry for planning but concerned I can't use summer next steps in a September plan as it is part of autumn term???

Hi Alice87,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please note that the next steps are generated once a child has been assessed in the period you are looking at. 

As these are general suggestions of things you can do to help assess a child in a higher age band/refinement and they come from the whole range of Development Matters statements for the appropriate age band, from the Enabling Environment suggestions and from the Positive Relationships ideas, you'd have to look at your latest assessment period's next steps to plan ahead for the new academic year. 

I hope this clarified the matter, but please do not hesitate to contact us on customer.service@eyfs.info if you have any further queries!

Best wishes,

Olaya