Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Documentation

Dear All,

I have 101 folders of documentation and wondered if anyone knew what documents I should have on-site (in the office)....some folders are thick with dust as I can't remember the last time I looked at them!

Many thanks - enjoy your Tuesday :)

Hi spiceye

The Ofsted early years inspection handbook has a list of what must be available for inspection (3.7).

Then I’d check one of the record retention documents (there are a couple of links to some on the GDPR threads - PSLA, childcare.co.uk etc..) if you have records longer than they need to be kept you can dispose of it securely, or store it securely if it’s still within retention periods, if you haven’t thought about a paperwork audit for GDPR this could be a good time if sorting paperwork anyway, i’ve got  rid of loads we didn’t need, not so much important data but more all the handouts you used to be given at training (in days gone by) that accumulate over the years never to be looked at again but you keep ‘just in case’ ....good luck O.o

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, spiceye said:

Thank you Moseketeer - exactly that handouts and documents I never use!  I forgot about the list in the handbook.....will take a look.

Many thanks.x

I have just spent the morning chucking out loads of handouts, and various other paperwork type crud that I haven't looked at in years.

Feels good. :)

• Haha 1