Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Staffing

Am I reading the handbook correctly when it says that staffing in Reception only needs to be 1:30? I had always thought it was 1:13 and I am trying to find out a definitive answer to show my head teacher, however I can not see any reference to these figures in the latest document. Thank you.

Yep, 1:30 - although many do there is no 'requirement' to have a TA at all.  In a mixed YR/1 class I once had 31 because we had a LAC application.  Unless something has changed in the last couple of years... but I'm not aware of anything.

• 2 months later...
On 19/03/2018 at 19:51, catma said:

Yup - that's the ratio - as a teacher you have the same ratio a the other teachers in the non nursery classes. 1:30 is the minimum however.

Minimum?!😲 I thought that would be the maximum.🙁

it always surprises me that Reception is supposed to be part of the EYFS, yet they expect them to be like Primary School. I am sure that to be able to provide the best for each child and for Ofsted to give any good to outstanding results you would need TAs. And... for what seems to come in the future, sadly enough it will be even more difficult.🙁

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)