Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Additional Hours

Stargrower

We haven't yet been able to claim the additional hours (over the universal 15) for children using up to 30 hours funding.  Our headcount day was 21st September and there was a technical problem on our funding portal, meaning we couldn't enter any additional hours.  This still hasn't been fixed and now we're nearly in mid-November without being able to claim.   I emailed my LA yesterday and received an automated reply saying they will respond within five working days.  I'm  now reminding parents to renew their codes for next term and we haven't claimed this term!  I wondered if anyone else had experienced these delays?

PS  We have been paid for the universal hours claimed - thankfully!

Yes, this also happened to 2 of our children. It is because they did not "sign up" before the end of August. Even though their codes are eligible from 4th September, the funding is now not available :(

EDIT: if your parents did sign up before the cut off date, and if your portal works like ours, you might need to do the Eligibility Checker by searching for the child and then re-entering the NI number, then submit.. and then see if the additional part is available for that child within the forms..

Edited by BroadOaks

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 09:57, Stargrower said:

We haven't yet been able to claim the additional hours (over the universal 15) for children using up to 30 hours funding.  Our headcount day was 21st September and there was a technical problem on our funding portal, meaning we couldn't enter any additional hours.  This still hasn't been fixed and now we're nearly in mid-November without being able to claim.   I emailed my LA yesterday and received an automated reply saying they will respond within five working days.  I'm  now reminding parents to renew their codes for next term and we haven't claimed this term!  I wondered if anyone else had experienced these delays?

PS  We have been paid for the universal hours claimed - thankfully!

Gosh this is terrible...this might put some people out of business! hardly the way to encourage nurseries to take up the 30 hour offer. As to what  you can do about it ...I guess your MP would be the person to moan to. They are probably the only one to be in a position to alter it.....or your mayor???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)