Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What would you do?

Last week, i had someone view the nursery and fill out registration forms to place their two children with us, starting from next week. I have now just had an email from them saying they will not be bringing their children to us after all as they have found a place at the local school. The registration forms make it very clear that we need four weeks notice. Would you still claim the funding for this four weeks or let it go? Part of me says let it go but part of me says no! we have spent time on paperwork already and have sent the claim forms in to the council as well as organising our registers and who is going to be key person etc. I'm annoyed as i feel that the school is trying to poach children, they didn't have any space until the children were going to start with us and then suddenly they do have space! I know i'm writing this while i'm still feeling miffed and may feel different after i've slept on it but am i wrong to insist on notice?

Well unless the child starts immediately (next day) we charge a £10 admin fee.  This covers printing/time/etc. Our LA were ok with this - as technically they haven't take up a place yet!  

If they fill in all paperwork including funding forms for a next day (or next available session- ie they visit on a Monday but actually want Wednesdays) we do not charge. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)