Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

help finding posts / ideas for staff development

trekker

Does anyone know of a piece (maybe a post on here, maybe in a book I read) about a staff team having training on the impact of their lunch routine....they were all told to come sit down, not given a choice of who to sit with, no choice of what to eat, told to eat all or no pudding etc....cant find it anywhere! Hoping it will ring a bell with someone - was quite a while ago I came across it!

also does anyone have any recall of staff training activities for supporting childrens own creativity...i.e. avoiding the fluffy duck / handprints??

Hello,

I don't remember that specific post I'm afraid - someone else might!

I did run a staff training session once based on children's creativity though. I did an introduction about something (fireworks I think) and got everyone fired up to make some amazing art works - I had examples to show everyone so they had an idea of what the possibilities were. Then I split them into groups and gave each group different amounts of support - one group I totally directed, one group were left to their own devices and the others were somewhere in between. We then talked about who had enjoyed the session, who felt frustrated and who felt supported and who felt that they were able to use their own creativity. Needless to say, the ones to whom I had constantly said 'now do this, and then use this colour for that bit' etc. felt very irritated. It did make the point though!