Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Does any one co manage?

I co managed for around 10 years with someone and it worked very well. We just got thrown in together and the role just gradually evolved. We never had a problem over who did what- we always managed to share things between us and staff never had a problem with who was in charge. However........... she then decided she didnt want to manage anymore so became a Deputy and that caused umpteen problems, between us, between her and other staff to the point I had to ask her to stand down and someone else become deputy.

My Deputy now is great- she does all our funding forms, administers our waiting list and deals with all our admissions. I talk through any decisions/thoughts with her first. I have another member of staff who is SENCo so can share the load quite a bit.

• Like 1

Co-managed for a number of years very successfully - both people able to do all things necessary to cover if one off but generally specific roles which each person takes ownership of for example one of us always completed funding/headcount forms whilst the other looked after fees and monthly invoices!!

• Like 1

Thanks all. I have managed my group through thick and thin. Its had its ups and downs but due to personal reasons I have found the roll of manager difficult at times. Too much paperwork... I am also getting on in years and with the personal stuff I am looking to when I should retire : ( Dont feel ready yet!

Thanks all. I have managed my group through thick and thin. Its had its ups and downs but due to personal reasons I have found the roll of manager difficult at times. Too much paperwork... I am also getting on in years and with the personal stuff I am looking to when I should retire : ( Dont feel ready yet!

Do you own the group? Could you taken on more of an administration roll, and then Employ a full time manager?

The admin roll could be worked in your own time, therefore more flexible. As the new manager settles into the roll you could gradually pass on more responsibilities to them and the deputy ?

• Like 1