Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Practical Pre-school

I am planning to subscribe to practical pre-school magazine. I've ordered a couple of books from them and found them very useful, however I've never come across the magazine in the shops to preview it. Does anybody subscribe to it and is it worth the £40 a year subscription fee?

Now you mention it - I've never seen it in shops

I download stuff from their website all the time tho - would they send out a sample like NW do?

Firstly, I dont think I've said hello to you yet Polly, so 'Hello' :D:D

I took NW for about a year then Practical pre-school and now Nursery Education. All of them have good articles and helpful tips for topics, activities and other aspects of pre-schools. The resources were often more use than the articles in PP whereas on just my 2nd issue of NE I'm liking the articles too, they seem to be about Birmingham rather than only London so it's added interest to me. At around £40 for all of them I'd say any were worth a look. :D

I am planning to subscribe to practical pre-school magazine. I've ordered a couple of books from them and found them very useful, however I've never come across the magazine in the shops to preview it. Does anybody subscribe to it and is it worth the £40 a year subscription fee?

47553[/snapback]

I've subscribed since it first started. Definately worthwhile. We use it lots.

Whitetree

Guest toddleo

I have just finished my subscription, and I personally wont be renewing it. I actually preferre Nursery World, but different people prefer diffferent things eh?

Hello from me too Polly, welcome to the forum. :D

I subscribe to both.

I like Nursery World mainly for how it keeps me up to date with the "political" status of the sector. PP, I like for the range of articles, from management issues to parent info pages to curriculum ideas. I like the user friendly format of PP too.

I have looked at Nursery Education, but I'm not sure if it would give me much more than NW & PP together do.

What do you advize Rea? Is it worth adding NE to my subscriptions too?

Peggy

Our preschool subscribes to NE and we like the posters :)

I use the Practical Preschool website nad never really noticed you could buy it d'oh!

I buy NW occasionally when the articles look useful but I just can't afford to get it weekly!

To throw another one in the pot - I like Early Years Educator as well (EYE on front cover) There are lots of debates and research in there.

Guest MaryEMac
Our preschool subscribes to NE and we like the posters :)

I use the Practical Preschool website nad never really noticed you could buy it d'oh!

I buy NW occasionally when the articles look useful but I just can't afford to get it weekly!

To throw another one in the pot - I like Early Years Educator as well (EYE on front cover) There are lots of debates and research in there.

47645[/snapback]

we subscribed to PP for two years but I found that I never had time to read it. What I did read was good though.

Mary

I think they all have their pluses. Which makes it difficult on a budget!!

Personally I subscribe to both NW and PP, although I do find that NW tends to revisit and in fact duplicate plans/topics, 'tho that's not a criticism! If a group of you work together (that would make you a Team!! :o ) why not spread the load between you? Or get the boss to chip in with at least one subscription - if you work in that sort of setting!

Sue

I was thinking of subscribing to EYE but the cost put me off. We already take PP, NW and NE so was wondering if EYE can offer anything different.

Can anyone advise please.

Thanks

Gem

Not sure if NE will offer anything much different Peggy. I only have one subscription at a time so for me NE is worthwhile. I am only on my 2nd issue though so I'll come back to you after a few more copies. I didnt get a free book from them though and I've seen an advert for it with free book. i'll be on the phone Monday. :D

Hi I subscribe to Nursery world and when i get time to read it i find it very good, especially for keeping upto date with legislation, and they have some good series such as Birth to three, Information on Ofsted inspection, and i have found some of their info on Pioneers and theorists very useful for my assignments for my foundation degree. I have been buying Nursery education for the last couple of months and i find it very useful for ideas.

We used to subscribe to Practical pre school at nursery but found after a couple of years some things were repeated, but it is very informative.

hope this helps

Milly

Just a word of warning about EYE-I don't know if it still happens but they used to charge a lot more if you subscribed and had it delivered than if you bought it at a newsagent. Most of the others give a reduction for subscribing. I stopped EYE because of this.

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)