Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Ofsted Head isnt well liked

Rea

shame..... not! Call me old fashioned, but I do believe the role requires a "poacher turned gamekeeper" approach, both in terms of understanding the role, and in terms of credibility within the profession. Thus to my mind, an ex head teacher is a prerequisite for the role.

Edited by eyfs1966
  • Like 3

Yes I clocked this earlier. I read the interview with the select comittee last week and wondered if this might be the outcome, I don't think she answered some questions particularly well. I guess new leadership will bring a cabinet reshuffle which may see Ms Morgan moved and AN other stepping in.

All change...again

Well all these changes recently have shown one thing at least, we dont necessarily need a PM nor MPs for the country to carry on doing what it does... :lol:

• Like 1

Why wouldn't a chartered accountant be the right person for the job? Because what we need more than anything right now is someone to show us how to achieve the results they want on the funding we get! And you can't have a passion for the job if you've no bl**dy idea what it is.

• Like 5

Why wouldn't a chartered accountant be the right person for the job? Because what we need more than anything right now is someone to show us how to achieve the results they want on the funding we get! And you can't have a passion for the job if you've no bl**dy idea what it is.

Oooh that did make me wince as a chartered accountant myself ...( however I am also Eyps). That said, even with my passion for the job and very clear idea of what the job is, my accountancy skills aren't magic enough to find the funding sufficient!!! Wonder how long it will take Ms Spielman to discover the same?

• Like 2

So sorry - sometimes I think I should think before I type! That said, I wouldn't put our (absolutely first-class) nursery manager in charge of the treasury because I don't think her outstanding grasp of childcare matters qualifies her for the job.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)