Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding agreement and transferring children...

mps09

Hi, is there anyone on here from East Sussex?

We have a child transferring from Oxfordshire into a setting in East Sussex....

Funding has already been claimed and can't be transferred across local authorities... Which is fine, because under the occ funding agreement we keep funding, but also have to take new funded children and not charge them - swings and roundabouts.......

My problem is that the new setting have told the parents that they can't claim as the funding has already been allocated to us..... I don't think this should make a difference to them!!

Anyway, they've now asked if they can invoice us for the funding amount!

Any advice from anyone in the area???

Thanks

In Essex we would put in a late claim for child as they haven't claimed in our LA.

I have to say though I haven't read this years contract so it 'might' have changed - but I don't think it has. We would be expected to offer the left over hours to other families though.

Not all areas have the 'swings and roundabout' style funding , many have payments from start to end date.. allowing late claims, which may be the case but they are not able to make a late claim because you have the money.

This all really comes to your agreement overfunding. Unless your agreement with LEA says you must refund or transfer monies then there is no reason for you to do so.. I would not have done so when we had that kind of agreement as we often ended up out of pocket having to take children with no income.. I did receive the occasional request, but never paid it out.

Enough of us complained about losing too much income that they changed it to allowing late claims but also taking back refunds for early leavers..

Hi mrsp09

East Sussex are one of our participating local authorities and so I have contacts there so I gave them a call and was told the following.

The East Sussex setting can claim for the child that is now in attendance by making a 'Late Claim'

If they need any help and support they should contact the funding team on Tel 01323 747028

Thank you everyone for replies, and especially Sue for that very comprehensive response! I shall forward that information on..... Many thanks again

I always know where to come to get the answer!!!

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)