Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

DBS for Supervisors

We have a new Supervisor/Manager starting, am I right in thinking that Ofsted no longer do their checks, it's been a while since we had to worry about this!

Now there's a question. I think they would do a dbs / online ey2. If you can't find anything on their website, email them they answer within a couple of days and then you can keep the written reply as confirmation. I've even had replies over the weekend.

This is from the sept 14 document, though not sure if still need ey2/health check for managers with ofsted ? Looks like ey3 to notify change in manager and ey2 if being nominated person....but that's a whole other ball game ;-p

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/383545/Disclosure_and_Barring_Service__DBS__checks_for_childcare_providers_who_register_with_Ofsted.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/391630/EY3_changes_to_individuals.pdf

'For those we do not check such as the manager and staff in nurseries that operate on non-domestic premises it is the providers decision whether they require those that they employ to join the DBS update service. Providers should refer to the DBS guidance for employers for further information. This can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-update-service-employer-guide.'

Edited by Mouseketeer

If you log into the online ofsted site here you can follow the instruction to start a new EY2 form and advise them that there is a new manager. You do this through the 'self-service' . This is the same site that you go to if you are updating your SEF (I write that knowing that you are howling "Update my SEF?!?!")

So whoever has the log ins for the SEF (the Nominated Person/Registered individual) can get the process started

If you log into the online ofsted site here you can follow the instruction to start a new EY2 form and advise them that there is a new manager. You do this through the 'self-service' . This is the same site that you go to if you are updating your SEF (I write that knowing that you are howling "Update my SEF?!?!")

So whoever has the log ins for the SEF (the Nominated Person/Registered individual) can get the process started

That'll be the Supervisor who has now left!

Was the supervisor both the nominated person and the nominated individual? You should be able to get more than one log in - it involves setting up a Government Gateway account. If you go to the online ofsted page (the link was in my last post) you can 'Register' as a new user - you should be able to get in from there - my recollection is that the form is pretty easy to follow and there is a phone number you can call if you get stuck.

No she wasn't the nominated person, but having checked the Chair also had one, although the chair has recently changed, so need to make sure she has been pass the information. I contacted Ofsted about the new Supervisor and this was their response which will hopefully be useful for anyone else in the same situation

"

Although Ofsted do not check the suitability of managers (unless they are part of the registered person), it is a specific legal requirement of the Early Years Foundation Stage that providers must notify Ofsted that a new manager has been appointed.

In accordance with the regulations of the Data Protection Act we are required to verify a person’s identity before we can update information on a registration. The Nominated Individual will need to provide us with the settings Unique Reference Number (URN) and two of the following pieces of information:

§ full home address (including postcode)

§ date of birth

§ surname at birth or another previous surname

§ personal telephone number known to Ofsted

§ email address known to Ofsted.

We require the following details of the new manager:

§ full name

§ date of birth

§ home address, including postcode

§ names of the manager/managers that have left

§ Does the Nominated person give permission for the new manager to discuss the registration with Ofsted?

§ Ofsted Security Token to be sent: YES / NO

§ If yes please provide an email address for the manager

"

Thank you Kiddywink! I emailed Ofsted three weeks ago about this and all I got back was please ask the nominated person to email us to remove the old manager. Not once did they give information on new manager despite us asking for it! Why does the information you get depend on who opens the email?