Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

ideas for physical development

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if any one has any activity ideas for health and self-care 30-50 months statement

Observes the effects of activity on their bodies.

or any good books that give you activity ideas on the eyfs

Thankyou so much

Our P.ze sessions we start with learning about our hearts , what they do accompanied by exercise , listening to each other's hearts and making our own stethoscope with funnels and cardboard tubes, we have moved on to our lungs now and reinforce this at each session.

• Like 1

After playing racing and chasing games in our garden we ask children how they feel, and they are usually aware that they are now hot/sweaty/puffed out, especially if you model language and ask questions to elicit response. One boy told me he was "knackered" today after racing his friend on the scooters! He was definitely aware of bodily changes!!!

Physical activity of any sort can be used to 'teach' this. Do they understand that they get hot when they exercise? do they know to put on/take off clothes to adjust temperature? can you set up races and games and then lie down and see what happens?

• Like 1

Physical activity of any sort can be used to 'teach' this. Do they understand that they get hot when they exercise? do they know to put on/take off clothes to adjust temperature? can you set up races and games and then lie down and see what happens?

Hi

yes this is what we are doing at the moment I just wanted new fresh ideas, feel as if it is very repetitive and just want something new and I was trying to pick other peoples brains for ideas.

I know it can be as simple as realising that they need a drink after physical activity.

Many thanks for all your replies

sorry I can indeed be the master of stating the obvious at times. If you are already doing this though why do you feel you need to do more? ;)

Hi

I didn't mean anything by my comment. I was just wondering if any body had different ideas. I feel as if I am always repeating the same activities for this statement and just wanted to see what others do.

Sorry if I sounded rude I didn't mean to, sometimes I write without putting my brain into gear,

Many thanks for your ideas

HI Lynne ...don't worry I am not easily offended! ....!

How about a pedometer?? could be tied in to a few things. We also practise deep breathing techniques when we need to calm down

Hi

Thankyou for accepting my apology as I really didn't mean anything by it.

That's a good idea I will take it on board and hopefully get the information I need.

Do you know of any good books or other websites with activity ideas on the EYFS?, again this is for my own benefit just trying to get fresh ideas, rather than use the normal everyday activities.

Many thanks once again

After playing racing and chasing games in our garden we ask children how they feel, and they are usually aware that they are now hot/sweaty/puffed out, especially if you model language and ask questions to elicit response. One boy told me he was "knackered" today after racing his friend on the scooters! He was definitely aware of bodily changes!!!

What the boy actually said was he was f*cking knackered" so I said "do you mean tired?" He replied "No, I'm f*cking knackered." Well he really must have been ....... (he's a lovely boy, but that's the home language). Still I suppose I can say he has built up a vocabulary which reflects the breath of his experience, on a positive note!!!!!!!

What the boy actually said was he was f*cking knackered" so I said "do you mean tired?" He replied "No, I'm f*cking knackered." Well he really must have been ....... (he's a lovely boy, but that's the home language). Still I suppose I can say he has built up a vocabulary which reflects the breath of his experience, on a positive note!!!!!!!

I am glad to say that I have never encounted this lol and hopefully never will.

it did make me laugh thou

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)