Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Display boards

Dear all, It would be interesting to know what other nurseries have in the way of displaying children's art work. Currently, we seem to stick the display with a staple gun on the wall however i have noticed that the plaster is starting to come off a bit on certain walls. Do you suggest using cork boards or felt boards to display? i am just slightly concerned about safeguarding issues with pins used on cork or felt boards. Any ideas will be appreciated. thank you

We use board called Sundeala which I think is made out of compressed newspaper. It can be cut to size with a saw. We cover it in hessian or backing paper and staple into it. The only problem is, the staples are a bit difficult to get out so it takes a bit of perseverance.

• Like 1

.....not if you put the staples in at an angle :)................ don't hold the stapler flat against the board.......slightly angle it so one side of the staple then stands higher than the other side when yoy press the stapler.....et voila! easy to get out because it's standing slightly 'proud' of the board :)

• Like 3

We use board called Sundeala which I think is made out of compressed newspaper. It can be cut to size with a saw. We cover it in hessian or backing paper and staple into it. The only problem is, the staples are a bit difficult to get out so it takes a bit of perseverance.

If you sellotape a lolly stick to the bottom of your staple gun it stops the staple going in as far and makes it easier to get out!

I also let the children use the staplegun to help me put displays up,speechless-smiley-040.gif if they are using both hands to press the lever against the board my reasoning is that they're not stapling anything (anyone) else.laughing-smiley-014.gif

• Like 1

I have visited Community Playthings and asked to put a request to their Design Team to make a lightweight board in different sizes similar to message boards with hooks that could be positioned in multiple places and a clear stick on cover. Something similar to their display boards but without heavy wooden frame. They suggested meanwhile to buy their clear cover and use it on existing message boards. It is doable but I do not want to take general information leaflets off and put kids art on every morning, I want to hook it over existing boards. I hope CP team understood my plea for this product. I also begged them not to make it too expensive.

Meanwhile we use their low level display boards and also we use magnets on storage heaters.

We love magnets on heaters!

I have the ones which have a clip on them and the children can clip their own artwork on.

I also have laminated lots of little pictures and stuck a magnet on the back. They are used for matching pictures and magnetic letters, sorting same of a kind, storytelling.

I use childrens magazines to cut up so I have a set of Peppa Pig and family, princesses that have to be matched to their princes and tea set, anything I can use as a provocation. ::1a

• Like 1

Currently, we seem to stick the display with a staple gun on the wall however i have noticed that the plaster is starting to come off a bit on certain walls.

Please be mindful if using a gun tacker on old plaster walls. We were advised not to as there could be traces of toxic materials in very old plaster (asbestos?)

... Currently, we seem to stick the display with a staple gun on the wall however i have noticed that the plaster is starting to come off a bit on certain walls.

Please be mindful if using a gun tacker on old plaster walls. We were advised not to as there could be traces of toxic materials in very old plaster (asbestos?)

Oh dear I tried to be super clever and use the quote option but don't seem to be able to work it out ! :rolleyes: I also don't know how to delete a post??? I am sure you lovely people out there will soon put me back on the right track