Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Display HELP

Hi,

I'm looking for some inspiration for my main display board. Last term, we displayed pencil drawings that the children had done of themselves with speech bubbles - this was used as part of our fine-motor, pencil grip assessment and was done very sensitively (i.e. we didn't call children across but carried a clipboard, paper and a mirror around with us!) Some children didn't draw themselves, of course, we went with that.

Anyway, it's time for a change, and I'm desperately trying to think of something that won't end up being to teacher-directed. The board is not really big enough for each child to have a space each (i.e. for a learning story wall) - am thinking more along the lines of a working wall. Our (wide umbrella) theme is 'Frosty Fingers and Toasty Toes' - and the children have particularly enjoyed The Gruffalo's Child this week. Any ideas? Because, I don't want to end up with a 'Fluffy Duck' display, I end up really struggling to decide what to do! The other thing I had thought of, was to record stories that the children made up while playing, taking a photo, adding any extra things they make or draw. But then it would be very word heavy.

Thanks

Green Hippo x

We have just had our room repainted over the holls and had to take down our display board. It was put back up and looked very empty, I said to the children at registration on Monday that we would have to put something back up ( last term we had firework pictures and fireworks made by the children) Throughout the morning( unasked and unplanned) they made things to go on the board, a painting or two, some cutting out, a junk model and a collage. I added the children's voice and a few photos, to what they had made and it has progressed over the week, it's very much work in progress! They talk about the board a lot and are very proud of 'their' board - I may not get it back!

So go on and ask the children what they would like to see on there...... ::1a

• Like 5

All of our display boards are now for the children (pre-school age). Each child has their own "special space" and they can display anything they want - artwork, models, photos from home or nursery etc. All the boards are backed with hessian, divided by ribbon into spaces. Each child has a label, a photo of them with their key person, a little balloon with their birthday on, and the rest is up to them. They can change it as often as they want to.

• Like 6

Thanks, Stargrower. This is what I would do in an ideal world but this board is our ONLY proper board. We put up other mini displays around the setting but they are on plain walls - no board. I want the board to be used for the children's work and ideas (not too teacher-led)

Thanks for your reply

Green Hippo x

• Like 1

All of our display boards are now for the children (pre-school age). Each child has their own "special space" and they can display anything they want - artwork, models, photos from home or nursery etc. All the boards are backed with hessian, divided by ribbon into spaces. Each child has a label, a photo of them with their key person, a little balloon with their birthday on, and the rest is up to them. They can change it as often as they want to.

Exactly the same as us apart from the birthday balloon, might borrow that idea.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)