Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Using a committee member as staff

thumperrabbit

Then if she's not 'in-ratio' and is just a volunteer, isn't being paid but has a DBS then I think that's ok - but don't quote me!!

I would still do the whole 'no unsupervised access' to children though - so no toileting, no nappies etc. etc. - can't really be any 'confusion' then

• Like 1

Then if she's not 'in-ratio' and is just a volunteer, isn't being paid but has a DBS then I think that's ok - but don't quote me!!

Do you think she would still require the PPP? I'm just filling in Practitioner Census and unsure if she is a just a Committee member who comes and helps out when she can if she needs to be listed as a volunteer or not. She is no longer a parent as her child left in July, but she will have a new one starting soon.

My brain is going to explode soon!

Edited by kiddywink

Do you think she would still require the PPP? I'm just filling in Practitioner Census and unsure if she is a just a Committee member who comes and helps out when she can if she needs to be listed as a volunteer or not. She is no longer a parent as her child left in July, but she will have a new one starting soon.

My brain is going to explode soon!

Sorry I'm not familiar with a PPP?

If I had a parent who was committee and had a child who left but a new one starting I would try and keep them on the committee for the whole duration then you don't have to re-do DBS again.

I'm not familiar with the Practitioner Census either, is that from your LEA by any chance? If it is then it's called something else with us and I would put your lady as Committee or Volunteer (they both mean the same in my eyes really, ie not getting paid for work) depends what the categories are - definitely not staff

It's a Practitioner Personal Profile and they have to complete one in order to receive training via our Local Authority and the census is where we have to confirm at the start of the calendar year what staff/volunteers we have, qualifications, our hours, how many children we have, I've never put committee on it before as generally they don't often come in to help at the setting.

I definitely will try and keep her on!

I've just realised that because of confusion with the DBS, she actually started the DBS process both with Ofsted as a committee treasurer (which she completed, got her EY2 & check through and her DBS certificate) and Capita as a volunteer practitioner, the latter being abandoned as we thought she only needed to do the committee based check.

I've just logged into our Capita account to check an application for another person and I can see that our Treasurer's is still showing as outstanding on there. I wonder if we complete that one she will have two valid EY2's and be OK as Treasurer and to work with the children? I'm reluctant to just jump in and do it in case I mess up and complicate our lives further!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)