Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

COSHH reports

Hi I am just wondering what other preschools do about their COSHH reports. We have them for all cleaning products etc and anything with the orange triangle on but do we need it for the paints and glue?

I have managed to find discussions about this on here but it was dated 2009 so wondered what the updated requirement was?

TIA

Andrea

Couldn't find a nursery specific example Risk Assessment form on this website but i'm sure if you have a kitchen this will give some great ideas in relation to risks involved due to this including lots!!

In regards to hazardous substances, then we use a sheet that includes all our cleaning products ingredients etc and try to use the same brand all the time to save doing a longer list, but we don't actually include children's paints and glue ourselves? it is an option to add these, due to them actually being handled by children and could have possible ingredients that could be harmful to some children. We will be adding these and it seems quite obvious to add these now you mentioned it in this thread! Unless others do have further information to why we shouldn't.

Woooops forgot to attach!! http://www.hse.gov.uk/risk/casestudies/pdf/foodprep.pdf

Edited by BroadOaks