Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Block play

Hi,

I would like to change our indoor blocks, We currently have 4 boxes of green, yellow, red and yellow very small blocks and they are not used regularly. We have the large Early Excellence blocks outside and I'm wondering whether to get similar sized blocks or to use a set of my children's blocks. They are small but not as small as the ones we have a school. They are also natural and interesting shapes including stairs and castles type blocks. Do you think these are as good as the larger bricks or is it more important to offer the larger bricks?

Thanks

Green Hippo x

We have the large hollow community playthings blocks with planks for ramps etc. they are super for physical play outdoors. They also offer lots of collaboration with others to move them around. We have small blocks for indoor play with some interesting shapes. The children love all of these including a box of coloured mini blocks.

I think if you can store them and more importantly afford them the large blocks are fab.:)

• Like 1

We offer both , we have the large community playthings blocks and ramps and a selection of smaller ones , and another set of even smaller coloured blocks , I try and add these to all provision where possible , my colleague does not like the big ones as she thinks they are dangerous , I just think they are fab and risky

• Like 1

Unfortunately we can't afford the CPTs blocks. We have large (not as large as the CPTs ones) blocks outside but not enough to use inside as well plus they are definitely outside blocks now if you see what I mean? I think the smaller ones would be lost outside. I just wondered if the larger blocks have a greater educational value than the smaller ones.

We have a mix of our large CPT blocks and smaller unit blocks inside. It works really well for us and I think they both have a great educational value. It's interesting to see them used together in play, as the large blocks become a base almost for the smaller blocks. As the year progresses I will introduce more of the big blocks inside as the children become more confident in using them. I recently bought a wooden stacking rainbow which like the blocks has unlimited building options, all the children love it and I am eager to get some more of different sizes. Outside we have lots of our CPT blocks and planks and these are well used every session, they are well weathered now as well!!

Unfortunately we can't afford the CPTs blocks. We have large (not as large as the CPTs ones) blocks outside but not enough to use inside as well plus they are definitely outside blocks now if you see what I mean? I think the smaller ones would be lost outside. I just wondered if the larger blocks have a greater educational value than the smaller ones.

Keep watching ebay, there are often sets on there. I just bought an extra set for my group, for just £50. There's a set on there, right now........five big boxes of them, starting bid is £200.

We have everything from the CP miniature blocks ( the children LOVE these), through to unit blocks and hollow blocks and ramps. It's worth knowing that YPO sell them for 2% less ( not much, but it all helps).......OR, if you attend any trade fairs that CP are displaying at, they will give you 20%.......yes, 20% off anything on the stand, but you have to take it away at the end of the show and pay for it immediately. Got some super bargains that way :)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)