Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Super hero mission/hunt

Hi, I am trying to work out a mission or a hunt for super heroes but I'm struggling to make it exciting. It is for reception and I would like them to follow clues. Has anyone done a successful activity like this that they would like to share? Thank you in anticipation.

We are pre-school, last week we set up a superhero obstacle course where they had to scramble under a sheet comando style, dodge in and out of cones, balance along some planking etc. before getting the chance to spray some silly string at a picture of a "baddie" or throw bean bags at it - the children loved it, especially the silly string (if you are having a treasure hunt for something this has given me an idea to extend next week if weather stays fine anyway because this was outside activity - but I would like to see ours having to negotiate these obstacles etc. to be able to get to the next clue. Maybe your School Secretary or somebody in the office could steal their fruit snack one morning and their mission is to rescue it! Quite often some pesky pirates steal and hide our birthday biscuits!

We have got superhero mission cards, which we made with superhero logos on one side and something they had to do during the morning on the other side and they took it in turns each morning to choose a superhero card, but very PSED based things and if a member of staff witnessed children doing it they got to ring the bell - they liked that.

• Like 2

obstacle course to find the super hero (using positional language or maybe clue cards . Green hippo is the mistress of QR codes...you could use those positioned around to give positional clues for hunt. (using it too!)

Numeracy ....maybe something about how many floors up the skyscraper to get to rescue the X or find the treasure

Ohps sorry thought it was you I had that conversation with (cos your SO clever it must have been ;) )

QR codes are quick response codes....those funny black and white squares on shops etc ...you can write and print your own with messages on them so that when they are 'read' by a device then you can read the message. They are actually quite easy to create and you can put pictures words /verbal stuff or even songs on them so quite a clever way to use ict at pre-school . You could have them posted around the garden but only when you have the tablet can you read and follow the instructions....you could even have different ones for different groups to differentiate (please note....I have had a play but not as yet done this with my group ....so this is purely fictional! xD )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)