Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Invoiced for 19 yr old staff's Lev 3?

Hi everyone.I applied through our Assessor for my 19 year old(very hard worker) to to start her Lev 3 in July under the impression that I would not have to pay for her to do it....yesterday i received a bill for £300....for her course....any ideas anyone...I am sure I read somewhere about younger staff being encouraged to train whereever possible ?

Thanks

Not up to date on current training available . but it used to be free to under 25s -

it could be something to do with you applying and not the student herself.. or is it a private assessor and she is charging her usual rate..

Found this link that is very helpful but it is a bit out of date.. All ours went through local college maybe worth an ask there..

Edited by Inge

I would imagine its for the registration fee...which is often not covered in tuition fees. Does it itemise it on the invoice? otherwise I guess a call to the college to confirm but my bet would be on the reg fees....it's about the right amount. Certainly wouldn't pay for her years tuition at that rate!

• Like 1

If it's not too late for her to back out of the college route, we use these people: www.lifetimetraining.co.uk (Tel: 0333 0143 669). At 19 they are considered to be an apprentice so it is free. Could be worth giving them a call, but I don't know what parts of the country they cover.

Now I think about it we have had staff train through Lifetime although they were considerable older, as it was still free. Of course I don't know if the funding is still available.